Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tri_jessup

Has anyone ever used citiquartz countertops?

Tri Jessup
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I‘m trying to decide between MSI Callacatta classique vs. Citiquartz Washington. The cost of the citiquartz is almost double and I can’t find any reviews on it. Any help is appreciated.

Comments (22)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 years ago

New brands of engineered stone pop up like weeds in spring. The Chinese manufacture and fabricators brand it however.

• mayflowers
    5 years ago

Some MSI colors are Chinese-made--your salesperson should know if that one is. The major companies use Breton technology, which is patented. The Chinese use a different technology. Never heard of Citiquartz.

• Tri Jessup
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks. The citiquartz website says 2018 so it’s brand new. New York based company. Just having a hard time finding out about them. I can not afford Cambria or the likes, sadly. i do like that MSI has a limited lifetime warranty. Leaning towards them at the moment although my husband liked the citiquartz sample better.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 years ago

" Warranties mean very little in this industry."

Yeah, just ask fabricators how good the warranties are for most all the major Breton players. Ha. You may as well take your chances with the Chinese.

• mayflowers
    5 years ago

A big part of the problem is that home owners think the warranties cover more than they actually do.

• User
    5 years ago

With the new tariffs, the cheep part of the cheepchinesecrapola is no longer valid. But the Chinesecrapila part still is.Non Breton technology isn’t to be trusted. Especially since it’s no longer cheap enough to take the risk that you buy it twice.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 years ago

"Non Breton technology isn’t to be trusted."

Sophie: Substantiate, please. Thanks.

• mayflowers
    5 years ago

Joseph, you defend Chinese quartz just on appearances. When you've used it yourself to see how it wears and cleans up, we would appreciate hearing your opinion about that aspect of it.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 years ago

True that, but irrelevant because all I could provide would be anecdotal evidence.

When you make the statement that non-Breton engineered stone can't be trusted, you have to have some sort of science to substantiate that claim.

If you can't or don't, it just appears you don't like Chinese people.

• mayflowers
    5 years ago

That's a ridiculous accusation. I posted the reason I would avoid Citiquartz--they are too new and there's no info available. I didn't post that Chinese technology can't be trusted, even though no one knows anything about their technology. I don't have a prejudice against Chinese people. Good Lord.

• User
    5 years ago

I like Chinese people just fine. Especially the family members. Some of the family members. Just like any family.

It’s Chinese business ethics that does not respect patents, or safe work practices, or the truth in materials labeling that I don’t like.

Two words: Chinese drywall.

If you want to get down to it, everything is anecdotal. It’s just there are a LOT more anecdotal issues with the knockoff Chinese quartz than there are the major name players.

Customers already get lackadaisical warranty support from even the good manufacturers. Witness Ceasarstone and the second coming of matte quartz that they are still trying to bury their head in the sand about the issues.

If someone has limited funds for a project, those funds are best placed on a 6K sure bet. Not the 4K knockoff that doesn’t give the assurance of quality.

It’s the same reason you bought the Festool and not the Harbor Freight. When you only have so much funds to spend, you don’t waste it on something “almost the same, we promise” with a poor history of truth telling and keeping those promises.

As soon as the Chinese have their own version of the EPA, OSHA, and verification of materials safety instead of a career history of forging that data, their products will carry the same assurance of end user quality as the rest. They’re already going to be just as expensive, with the new tariffs. They might as well up that game and claim that true luxury rung on the ladder instead of trying for the cheap knockoff rung.

• Lynda
    5 years ago
    What did you decide? I’m also considering the Washington at Citi. I thought they were cheaper than MSI and not the other way around. If I’m wrong, maybe I need to talk to another fabricator.
  • Nour AlAni
    5 years ago
    Hi, did u go with it ?!? Did u purchase from citiquratz ?!? We are about to order Milford from citiquartz and I’m looking for someone that’s have it
  • Tri Jessup
    Original Author
    5 years ago

We ended going with MSI calacatta laza. I wasn’t comfortable going with a company that had no reviews. The quartz itself has been beautiful. We had some issues with installation (they cut the slab incorrectly) but it was fixed and we are happy with the way it turned out.

Here’s a shot if it still in progress:

• Lynda
    5 years ago
    I ended up going with Calacatta Classique from MSI instead of the Washington from CitiQuartz and love my countertops. They clean up nicely with a little dish detergent, or Bartenders Friend (as a last resort) for stubborn marks. The stone contractors seemed to not be fans of CQ.
  • Teresa
    4 years ago

Anyone have more recent experience with CitiQuartz in Herndon VA? How did it go?

• HU-233553251
    2 years ago

Anyone have any reviews on citiquartz??

• HU-171004500
    2 years ago

We used Millford and it turned our beautiful. We could not have been more pleased. But had I read the reviews I probably wouldn't have, so glad I didn't.

• jmckerrow
    2 years ago

We are also looking at Citiquartz Omaha for our new build. Has anyone used Citiquartz?

• Laura Urraca
    2 years ago

Is Citiquartz actually quartz? Their website describes the product as a natural quartz based.

• Cathy Cobb
    last year

I have Citiquartz in my kitchen and absolutely love it. Super easy to maintain, almost indestructible and looks gorgeous. Highly recommend!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida