Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzegeorgia

Seriously in need of your help with furniture arrangement

Susan
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Please I need help with the placement of sofa and TV in our open concept kitchen/family room. I purchased a new sofa for the room as I thought my husband and I would use the room to watch movies. However, we have a "flex" room close by and that is where we watch most of our TV. My problem is that it doesn't feel right to me with the sofa sitting in the middle of the room. Whenever we have company I am always standing in the kitchen and they have their backs to me. Plus when you come in the front door the first thing you see down the wide hallway is the side of the sofa. I am think about removing the TV from the room completely. My husband is not on board yet as room is wired for surround sound ($ wasted). It would be nice to have TV in room, but.... I have been moving furniture for days. I kinda like the sofa on the longest wall (see TV in the photos). I could place the TV on the side wall and pull it out when we want to watch it. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Please note that I am moving furniture around and have removed the rug/most lamps/end tables, etc and I really need help on where to place the sofa in room with relation to the TV.

This is BEFORE photo

Another BEFORE photo

Comments (3)