tania_delgado5588932

Help! wall art? wall where couch is not centered

Tania Delgado
October 1, 2018
last modified: October 1, 2018

Should wall art be centered to the wall or to the couch?? please help! what is the design rule for this?

any advice to make this space work. Throw pillow ideas? excuse the pile of laundry on the couch.

• ptreckel
    Can you move the couch so that its corner is in the corner? I believe it will fit. Then, I would center the art over the couch.
    Tania Delgado thanked ptreckel
  • ptreckel
    I meant to say, place the table and lamp in the corner and place the couch with its back to us against the window wall. Then, center the art over the couch facing the tv. Love the pretty blue colors that you are using here. Pick pillow colors from the artwork in shades of blue.
    Tania Delgado thanked ptreckel
    The Wiese Company

It will be more inviting to have the sofa open to the room instead of having the back of the sofa making the space feel smaller. Agree with above suggestion and then center the art over the sofa. Throw pillows with gold or navy would be handsome. I would keep them organic feeling and not geometric.

Tania Delgado thanked The Wiese Company
  • felizlady
    The two pieces look like separate sofas to me, not a sectional, so the current placement works nicely. I would center the art over the sofa, but you could center it on the wall for a more modern look. Try standing it on the sofa back to help you decide which location will work for you. Hang it with the bottom about eight inches above the top of the sofa or just above the head of a person seated there.
    Tania Delgado thanked felizlady
    Glo European Windows & Doors

Yes, to what ptreckel and The Wiese Company suggested. I would also get a large rug to anchor the couch and coffee table in the room. This is also another great way to bring in other colors into the room or select throw pillow colors from.

Tania Delgado thanked Glo European Windows & Doors
  • Tania Delgado

Thank You all, the rearranging of couches does not work as it doesn't fit and overlaps. this was my initial plan to open up the space but i never measured before purchasing the sofas ;( I love the idea of a rug but i am a clean freak and the idea of a rug in such a main area freaks me out.

• Tania Delgado

The accent pillows came with the sofas but i plan to get rid of them as i feel the pattern limits the possibilities.

• gm_tx

Love the color of your sofas!

To answer your question, center artwork with furniture.

I agree with comments above ... Move the love seat to the wall with the window, and place end table in the corner. Scoot the sofa down closer to the door.

It will fit, as it's not taking up any more space than it is now.

Look for a low-pile, flat weave rug that is easy to keep clean, to pull the room together.

Tania Delgado thanked gm_tx
  • jck910

Looks to be a sofa and loveseat??? Can you add a picture of the 3rd wall and the rooms dimensions?

Tania Delgado thanked jck910
  • Tania Delgado

@gm_tx I tried it but it does not fit, it overlaps the sofa. what kind of flat weave rug do you suggest?

• schnable1
    You said sofas and table can't be moved so table is in the corner because it overlaps...what? The window? I would stry it for awhile. And definetely get a rug that the front legs of seating pieces can sit on. The hard tile and soft sofa fabric are asking for something to pull the look together.
    I've been trying to figure out how to make laundry on the sofa look like intentional decor. Every time I visit my son there is a pile of laundry on the sofa!
    Tania Delgado thanked schnable1
    Glo European Windows & Doors

The sofa overlapping the window a little will look better than the current set-up --I wouldn't worry about that.

• Tania Delgado

You guys are right! Now I remember why I didn’t like that arrangement lol next to the tv console is a sliding door. Once I move sofa to the left it wouldn’t be centered to the tv console and love seat just kind of blocks it off on the other side

Glo European Windows & Doors

Do you have more photos of the rest of the room to post?

• Tania Delgado

here is the other wall

• gm_tx

The pic doesn't seem to have uploaded, Tania. Want to try again?

• Tania Delgado
    Here it is
  • katinparadise

That makes sense. Just pull it out of the corner by a few inches- 2 or 3 so it's not shoved into the corner. Then slide the other sofa and end table back just a few inches. Now center the art over the sofa with the bottom about 6-8 inches from the top of the couch.

Your coffee table is a bit too large for the space. I would opt for something smaller and round since the space is a bit tight.

As for pillows, how about something with some texture?

https://www.worldmarket.com/product/green-zigzag-indoor-outdoor-throw-pillow.do?sortby=ourPicks

• Tania Delgado

i will do that @katinparadise

changing the coffee table isnt an option right now though. what do you think of this? this is so hard

• katinparadise

Nice combo! They don't have to match-just coordinate.