Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amsmith444

is this artwork too small to go above this buffet?

Angela
5 years ago
Or do the lamps balance it out? Keep in mind the artwork would be hung, of course!

Comments (5.4K)

• Seajay Sparkles
    5 years ago
    Hey Girl. I hope you’re watching the spectacular tribute to our boy, Elvis. So sweet.
  • kjoy1
    5 years ago
    Saw this today and thought about this thread...
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    For you breakfast table. Hope you are OK?
  • greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Oh WOW kjoy!

• Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Haha Karen you crack me up!! A girl after my own heart, right after Christmas and planning for next year already!! :D I’ll go check out your post, I’m sure a lot has changed!!
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Flo those baby shower favors in the Tiffany blue boxes were adorable!!
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Haha Greenfish!! I can’t believe Wisteria magazine is copying me!! :D I need to subscribe to that one, I don’t think I’ve seen it but looks like they have a lot of things that would work in my space. Thanks for sharing!
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Sorry I’ve been MIA! I’ve been under a lot of stress. The roof still isn’t installed. The guy got sick and now is behind. A lot of other things going on in my personal life too. I won’t bore you with the details. I’m sure things will look up soon!
    I just got back from Vegas with the hubby and wanted to share the AMAZING swanky vibe of this restaurant we ate at. I think you all will appreciate it!! Look at the ceilings! They had movie reels on them. It’s probably the coolest restaurant decor I’ve ever seen! In my next life I want a room in my house to look like this!
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Hi Seajay!! I actually found out about the Elvis tv special after it aired! I hope I can find it still. Was it any good?

Kjoy, aren’t those chairs spectacular?! Imagine the time someone must spend doing them!!
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Flo!! The vases are adorable!! Thanks for sharing! Would you do both together or just one? I have some peonies there now but if I decide to change it up those would be perfect!
  • Seajay Sparkles
    5 years ago
    Hey Angela. So glad to hear from you. Sorry about your stress meter being on high alert. The Elvis special was awesome. I think if you go on NBC on Demand, you should be able to see it. I hope so. Your stress will melt awa6.
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I will do that Seajay! Thank you!! What’s new with you? Any fun decorating projects in your neck of the woods?
  • Seajay Sparkles
    5 years ago
    I’ve been really busy helping my sister get ready for her first foray into a real art show. She’s a phenomenal artist and I helped with framing and choosing art for the show. She works in acrylics and alcohol ink. The show was today and she did really well. Very proud of her. Love the pic you posted from Las Vegas. Who would have thought movie reels would create such an awesome ceiling. Very cute pic of you and your cutie pie!
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Wow that’s awesome Seajay! Very sweet of you to help. Can you post pics of some of her art? I’d love to see. I’ve never heard of alcohol ink. How neat!
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Angela, sorry to hear you have had some life struggles. Hoping they clear soon! We have all missed you. As to the little vases, i would use both and put one stem in the larger base. Something simple like an olive tree branch or a stem of eucalyptus leafs. I feel for your roof situation and am praying this too is resolved fast!! Keep us posted. We are here for you.
  • Seajay Sparkles
    5 years ago
    I don’t want to bore you but here are a few. Alcohol ink is done on slick surfaces like yupo paper or ceramic tiles. Like India ink only in colors. You drop a drop of ink on the tile and blow it with canned air or by using a straw. These are ceramic tiles. The acrylic pouring technique is on canvas. You can You Tube it.
  • Seajay Sparkles
    5 years ago
    Acrylic pour.
  • niccidhg
    5 years ago
    Those are beautiful, Seajay ! I did not know what alcohol ink art was either. Far from boring, I love those . Your sister is indeed very talented. Does she sell anything on- line ?
  • niccidhg
    5 years ago
    The first acrylic pour reminds me of a slice of agate or amethyst.
  • niccidhg
    5 years ago
    Sorry my thinking this am is coming in dribbles. (Houzz is scrambling pics. again. After they first posted, the next time they were all jumbled up with some being duplicated and others left out. Sort of like my thinking, lol ! When you tap on them , however, they are as in the original post ?! ) — The framing is all so perfect - beautiful.—— Hi, Angela. So good to see your return. I hope things will get better for you real soon.
  • Seajay Sparkles
    5 years ago
    Nicci. Thanks so much. Many pours are intended to look like agates but we named this one “Low Tide”. She sold many pieces yesterday but does not participate or do business on line. She had several people ask her to do a pour using specific colors for them and she can do that. Same with the alcohol ink. I’m glad you like them. She teaching me but I have a loooong way to go.
  • niccidhg
    5 years ago
    Yes, I totally see the waves. They are really all so interesting and pretty ! I wouldn’t be able to pick a favorite. That is a great idea to offer customization on the colors. What an opportunity to learn a skill like that for you, Seajay. It seems like it would be a very soothing and fun endeavor. No doubt you will do well , you are so talented and artistically inclined ! Great to spend time sharing this with your sister, too !
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you Flo!! I love that idea. We finally heard back from the roof guy and he is ordering the materials so it looks like it should be installed next week. So far 2019 has been rough! I’m hanging in there though!! How have you been? Do you have any interesting projects around your house you are working on? Did you decorate for Easter this year? If so I would love to see!
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Seajay those are beautiful! Sounds like so much fun to do them. I would love to get into painting someday when I have the time. I find it so relaxing! Thanks for sharing! You are lucky to have such a talented sister that could show you the ropes on how to do it all!
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Hi Nicci *waves*!!

On a side note....If anyone has any Easter decor up I would love to see it for inspiration! I was planning on shopping for new decor this year but with everything else going on I think I will probably wait to do it next year. I would love to see the creativity you have all put into your homes though so feel free to share!
  • suzyq53
    5 years ago

We don't celebrate Easter or decorate, but we are having a small brunch party. I saw this arrangement and thought I could recreate something similar for the buffet. Pretty cute.

• greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Cute suzy!! Yeah we definitely don't decorate for the small holidays, but I do like themed table settings so I may steal the carrot idea!!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    I have been super busy with a rush kitchen job, a bathroom remodel here locally and project managing infrastructure repairs in our rental for the owners. Replaced two hot water tanks last week. But, I also think about everything here on Houzz. In fact, i saw this and saved it for you as a potential for your dining room. I need to go to my whole sale flower place for Easter and Spring ideas. Will let you know.
  • greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Beautiful Flo!!

• krottmann
    5 years ago
    following...
  • Seajay Sparkles
    5 years ago
    That’s so funny, Flo. I have been looking a murals for painting ideas and saved these two. Great colors.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Beautiful SJG! Love those colors! I especially like the French one!!
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    OMG Suzyq!!!! I’m dying over that cute carrot arrangement. I’m going to see if I have a vase to do something similar! That is seriously the cutest thing I have seen in a long while!
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Ooh Flo!! That idea is lovely. I love the lighting also! Sounds like you have been very busy, but that is good right?! Thank you so much for passing the idea along. I cannot wait to get started on my dining room. We finally got the new roof put on last week so it’s nice to have that dealt with!
  • Angela
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Hi Seajay!! I love that French picture you posted. At first glance it looked Asian, but I am no expert LOL. I do love the style of that though and now that I think about it I really like the idea of French art work! I think I need to research that more. Great find!
    How have you been? Are you doing anything special for Easter?
  • Molly
    5 years ago

Angela I've been wondering about you, glad the roof is fixed!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Glad that roof got fixed. Yes, being busy is a great thing!! We have missed you! Keep posting any ideas you have so we can keep up with you!!
  • Seajay Sparkles
    5 years ago
    I’m very good. So glad to hear from you. Glad that leaky roof is behind you. With your love of all things fun, I thought I would send along the murals but Flo beat me to the punch. Something fun happened the other day. I was at Hobby Lobby with my sister looking for frames and came across something that made me immediately think of you . . . give up? Harlequin ribbon. LOL. You must have the fabric for the dining chairs by now, right.
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 years ago

Hey Angela how are you? Hope things are going well and no more water issues!!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 years ago

Angela we are all wondering what you are doing this year for Christmas Flo was asking about you....

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Hey Angela. I have been looking for you to see what’s happening in your Christmas decorating world?! Hope you are well.

• Seajay Sparkles
    4 years ago

Me too ;))

• PRO
    karen paul interiors
    4 years ago

Angela! Oh my gosh it’s been forever since we have heard from you. Can you put up some photos so we can see what you’ve done...or not. Please share your christmas ideas for this year. Oh my! Pinch me....I still can’t quite wrap my arms around the notion you are back. I’m in the hopes you are feeling less stressed this next year. Biggest hugs and kisses to you and your family.

• PRO
    karen paul interiors
    4 years ago

I hate it when I don’t look at dates...so no Angela I guess.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 years ago

No Angela:(

• Nancy Walton
    4 years ago

Karen, did you get your slipcovers done? I did one for a chair of mine:

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Hey Nancy, how are you doing? Hoping we can get Angela's attention! Your chair looks fantastic. Love the colors too.

• Nancy Walton
    4 years ago

Thanks so much, Flo! I don't get on here too much anymore. Keeping busy with life.

• Nancy Walton
    4 years ago

It's a little darker in real life. I don't know why it got so washed out.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Glad you are enjoying LIFE! Miss your great ideas though.