eaglerockwinery

Inspector not approving a manufactured product

Anna Falat
October 6, 2018

We just had our 2nd plumbing inspection which we did not pass again for new reasons. All of the original issues were dealt with but now the inspector does not like the kokss 8004 free standing shower unit we are installing. He said it should be built into the wall which we showed him was free standing. Then he said he had never seen anything like it before. We showed him that it was sold all over the US by major retrailers. His response was that he did not know if it met NY code. His reason was the manifold had plastic lines going from the source to the amenities (foot massager, jets, inside shower) as they might blow off. He wants us to prove it meets code. First of all, this is a rough plumbing inspection. Secondly, I had this unit in my last home and I never had a problem with it. i believed his issues are manufacturing issues which are covered by the warranty. Finally, the unit was installed by a licensed plumber. We also contacted the manufacturer for information related to codes compliance. I do not want to retrofit the unit to pex fittings which is what he suggested. Can anyone help?

Comments (13)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268