0

Help please with colors on Deck: Contemporary house!

Carri Oosterbaan
October 20, 2018

Hi. Please see pics below, and I 'll try to explain. House is new build, "aged Pewter: Hardy plank color" (medium grey) and white trim w/ black roof. Hardscape is light grey stone w/ black capstone. Doing octagonal deck using Azek "island oak" for main deck and treads (similar grey to house). Railing will be cable rail with Azek contemporary evolutions black top rail and 6 inch azek black sleeves at segments. Intermediate rails will be 2 inch square s/s. Going for a contemporary look.

Need help with the riser, side of stair, back of stair and fascia (or skirt) of deck color. My gut was at first to go black with all. But contractor says I should go w/ white for all. I was thinking it might be too stark a contrast w/ black and stainless rails, so was maybe going to go w/ white risers and fascia, and black sides of stairs and grey underside of stairs to match house. Too much? Any help is greatly appreciated as they are painting next week!!! (Note: The rail in pic is similar to what mine will be but not exact. Just to give you an idea. Thank you again!!

Thank you

• jck910

I would do white to match trim on house

Carri Oosterbaan thanked jck910
  • Angel 18432

I would go grey - no white.

Carri Oosterbaan thanked Angel 18432
  • Kerry Blossom
    same color as deck
    Carri Oosterbaan thanked Kerry Blossom