0

Suggestions needed for living room

Jeannette
October 22, 2018
Hello! I’ve had lots of my own ideas, but feeling a bit stumped and honestly exhausted. I’d love to hear your suggestions and ideas!

I’m hoping to get some help with selecting accent chairs, coffee table, and an area rug to go with this gray colored velvet sofa. The room is empty, walls are white, and floors are EVP medium wood toned.

I’m open to leather, fabric, wood, glass, neutrals, and dark. I’d rather stay away from natural fiber rugs like jute or sisal.

TIA!
  • ks92

A sketch of the room along with dimensions/openings/window placement would be very helpful.

Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader

Here's an idea. But this is something I would like and without knowing your tastes, color preferences, etc. you might hate it. What I'm saying is that the answers you're going to get are going to be all over the place. More information on styles, colors, etc. would help people provide you with suggestions.

• Manon Floreat

If you're interested in some color, something like the below might appeal to you:

• celerygirl

I think gold color work great with your sofa. Check Overstock for nice coffee table

• celerygirl

Check ALL Modern for chairs.

• Susan Davis

I looked thru all five pages of Houzz.com grey chesterfield sofa and came up with some pictures that might help narrow down your design preferences.......there are a million ways to go and you probably do not care for most of them....here are some ideas that might give you an idea of what you do not want or what you do want.....give a floor plan, let us know if there is a TV in the room and where it will go and what purpose you want to use the room for.....

Tuscan

Los Angeles Residence · More Info

Traditional

Living Room Furniture · More Info

Glam

Bassett Furniture · More Info

Contemporary

Suburban DC - Cahill Residence · More Info

Uber modern; no tufting but sofa is very wide and very low and has big high arms like Cheaterfields

My Houzz: A Dark Storage Space transformation to a Crisp White Loft · More Info

Modern design in a very traditional room....what can I say, I think it is London!

San Francisco Victorian · More Info

So if you know your style, Houzzer can help more easily....keep up posted, the room and sofa look promising!

• Jeannette
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions. As requested here are some actual photos of the space. The first is looking into the living room. Don’t mind the fireplace, we are working on a mantel. I have ordered Hunter Douglas window treatments in the fabric swatch attached and they should be installed in the next few weeks. The 3rd photo is looking into the room from the front foyer. The final is looking at it from the fireplace.

I love a modern/traditional style with some hints of like Parisian/rustic (think Restoration Hardware).

I was thinking maybe brown or saddle colored leather chairs. Also, thought about dove colored chairs. I was also thinking some various shades of blue and cream possibly for throw pillows and rug, maybe even indigo.
  • Jeannette
    There will not be a TV in the room. Here a few Pinterest posts that I have saved that I really love, but not exactly sure how to execute.
  • Manon Floreat

Nice inspiration photos. It appears you're drawn to a neutral base with with a dash of color and metalics with some organic elements incorporated to keep it down to earth. All of the rooms are tastefully eclectic, in my opinion. Two out of the four rooms feature barrel or tub type chairs. The rugs go from tribal to plush contemporary.

I think it's safe to say a barrel style chair will suit your preferences. An antiqued or burnished leather in camel, cognac or saddle would work with the colors you seem to prefer. But the rug. Which way do you want to go with it? Plush and luxe or more earthy contemporary?

• Pajarito

Check out Mitchell Gold's website . I think they have many pieces that would work with your inspiration images.

• kjoy1

Modern rustic glam?

• Laura Mac

Cute kjoy1! I recognize those Z Gallerie recliner chairs. ;-)

Love rustic glam and all things Chesterfield sofas and chairs.

Also, check out clubfurniture.com and check out some of their beauties! Free shipping, delivery and set-up. Choice of sumptuous leathers. They shipped me leather samples for free and they are all soft and gorgeous. And fabric choices too. Still deciding which one to use. Made in NC.

Recliner chairs:

https://www.clubfurniture.com/collections/leather-recliner-chairs

Chesterfields:

https://www.clubfurniture.com/pages/search-results?query=chesterfield

• Manon Floreat

Nice, kjoy1! Now I'm wondering about window coverings. Lush cascading velvet on corner rods would look fantastic.

• Jeannette

Wow! I appreciate all the help! Kjoy1 how did you do that?! Manon, what do you mean by corner rods? I'd love to see some examples!

• Manon Floreat

Hi, Jeanette. Corner curtain rods are rods that cut into the corners so that you have continuous coverage on windows perpendicular or at angle to one another. Such a treatment for your windows and high ceilings would be stunning.

Family Room · More Info
    Jeannette thanked Manon Floreat
  • Jeannette

I love the way that looks - I do have quite a bit of space between each window so I would have to get extra panels to fill that void.

• ritasj
    Your inspiration pics reflect an eclectic/bohemian feel....I would suggest you look for a more colorful/patterned rug to start and perhaps pick chairs that have more personality and not necessarily matching...in color or style....

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)