0

FOTESS: November – Early December “Christmas Stocking Exchange”

sandlapper_rose
October 31, 2018

FOTESS requires that you be a member in order to swap with this group. FOTESS stands for Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps. For more information about membership contact me Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) or Lisa (PaperFinch). Our other “membership lady” can't access Houzz right now so try me or Lisa if you want information about membership.

Our theme for this month “Christmas Stocking Exchange” will carry over into December. Shirley (sjc48) was signed up to be hostess for December but I don't know if she will have access to the group by then so I just “spilled over” a bit into December. If Shirley is back in touch for December, she will likely host a Christmas card swap so I think we can manage both if she wants to be hostess for that swap. Otherwise, we will just continue to chat on this same heading in December.

Please sign up for this swap by Nov. 10 and mail your package by Dec. 8. That deadline should allow you to send your package at a slower speed (and at less cost) if you like. The stocking can be any kind (bought or made) and should be about 8 – 12 inches in length. When I say handmade, anything goes. Do something fancy or make it out of anything even kraft paper and glue or gift wrap and decorate it a bit. Just make it stocking shaped. No one will judge your artwork. As for contents, again – of your choice: garden related things can include bulbs, garden magazine (even one from earlier in the year), garden gloves, cookies, candy, seeds, note pads, pencils, markers, individually wrapped tea bags, etc. Make sure to pad things adequately if something might break. There can be non-gardening items as well.

Once I match partners, if you want your partner to open her stocking as soon as it gets there, you can let her know. I say this in case there is something perishable or something she might want to use to prepare for the holidays … or you can ask that she wait to open it on Christmas or Christmas Eve. Include your return address on the package so each person can post when her package arrives.

If you don't celebrate Christmas but want to participate, let me know and the stocking can be sent with a winter theme.

Later in November, I'll post a heading for people to sign up to be hostess for each month in 2019. Please consider helping out.

I want to participate! I love Christmas stockings.

Whether you sign up for the swap or not, watch for our fun holiday games!

• nottougly

1. brown

2. brown and white

3. yes

4. Happy

5. Family

• sandlapper_rose

Answers for card #4.

Blue, Black and white, Yes, Welcome, Neighbour.

Points

Emily +5

Annie + 1 1/2

Faye + 1 1/2

Questions for Day 5

1. What color is the ribbon?

2. Where do you find the ribbon?

3. What is the person carrying?

4. Is there a building pictured on the card?

5. Are there trees on the card?

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Our food was delicious!

• gardengirl37232

1. Pink.

2. Around the turkey’s neck.

3. Knife and fork.

4. Yes.

5. Yes.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hope everyone else did too!

• sandlapper_rose

Plus 5 points for Emily. Amazing! The answers were: Pink, From turkey neck to the cart behind it, Knife and Fork, Yes, Yes

Here are the questions for Sat. (Day 6)

1. There are children pictured. What are they doing?

2. On this card there is a word after Thanksgiving. What is it?

3. Is there an animal pictured? If so, what kind?

4. The color of the roof.

5. Are there clouds in the sky?

See you tomorrow.

Jeanne

• gardengirl37232

1. Feeding the turkey.

2. Day.

3. Yes. Turkey.

4. Brown.

5. Yes.

• smitties

This game is a really neat idea. I haven't been able to participate for obvious reasons.

I wanted to stop by and let you all know my dearest aunt lost her battle with cancer yesterday. She was more like my sister and it has left a big hole in my heart. I will miss her so much.

With three losses in two months, I'm praying that no more will happen.

My best to eveyone. Margo

• canyonwind

Margo, there are no words for me to say. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family.

1. laughing

2. Blessings

3.. yes, a turkey

4. red

5. no

Happy weekend!

Annie

• l1oness

Margo - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I cannot imagine how you are feeling and managing, but I am thinking of you and your family.

• sandlapper_rose

Margo, I'm so sorry. You have had way too many losses lately. A big hug from here to there.

• sandlapper_rose

1 point for Emily. 1 point for Annie.

The answers were: standing in line, town, dog, red, yes

Here's a picture of the card.

One last card to go. Questions for Card # 7.

1. What comes next? May your joys be as countless as _______.

2. Are there some animals on this card? If so, what kind?

3. Would you say it's sunrise or sunset and why?

4. Do any words on the card say "Happy Thanksgiving"?

5. There are 2 buildings shown. What color(s) are they?

Good luck.

• canyonwind

1. the golden grains

2.no

3.sunset...they have enjoyed their Thanksgiving feast...they have full and happy bellies...they are tired after their day of giving thanks and are ready to hit the sack.

4. no

5. red and brown

Jeanne, loving your game!!

Happy Evening!

Annie

• gardengirl37232

1. The golden grains

2. Yes. Horses.

3. Sunset. Horses returning home after a hard day in the fields baling hay.

4. No.

5. Red and white.

• gardengirl37232

Margo, so sorry for all that you have been through. I am thinking of you and your family.

• canyonwind

Good Morning Fotessers,

FYI......I posted the 7th Annual FOTESS HOLIDAY CARD Swap yesterday. Shirley (sjc48) started this Holiday Card swap 7 years ago. Shirley has been unable to get on HOUZZ for some time and will be unable to host. She loved this swap.....simple and from the heart!!! The tradition must be carried on.......

Jayeanne (pinkiris) will be be hosting with a little bit of help from me.

Happy Sunday!! Enjoy!!

Annie

• l1oness

1. What comes next? May your joys be as countless as _______ falling leaves

2. Are there some animals on this card? If so, what kind? No

3. Would you say it's sunrise or sunset and why? Sunset (end of the season, end of the meal)

4. Do any words on the card say "Happy Thanksgiving"? No

5. There are 2 buildings shown. What color(s) are they? Red and brown

• sandlapper_rose

Here's the picture on our last card.

The answers are: the golden grains, horses, sunset (the sun is low in the sky and the wagon is filled with hay representing the end of a hard day of work), no, white and red

Points for this last card are Annie 3, Emily 5, and Mandy 2. Thank you to everyone who played the games.

Emily is our winner with an amazing number of points! Congratulations to Jayeanne and Emily who won our two games. I hope the vintage card game was fun. I tried to find something where you could just guess a quick answer and not be tied up looking for information on the internet.

Other than the swap, this wraps things up for awhile. Jayeanne and Emily, I will mail out your prizes soon.

It's time for me to buckle down and work on my swap for my partner!

Jeanne

• smitties

My box was mailed this morning. Receipt says Friday delivery.

• canyonwind

Congrats Emily.......well played!!

Beth, your Christmas Stocking package is planning on leaving Southern California tomorrow, Saturday, Dec 1.

Happy Friday!!

Annie

• l1oness

Margo - I received the box! didn't see anything stating to wait to open it, so I opened now - I hope it was okay. The stocking was adorable, and I loved the contents. I will need to post a picture later, but it was a lovely box. Your box is packed up already and will be taken to the post office tomorrow.

Mandy

• l1oness

Margo - Your package is in the mail. The post office estimates delivery on Tuesday., 12/4

• sandlapper_rose

We've had rain all day and I think it's supposed to rain again all day tomorrow. However, it was beautiful on Friday and I worked in the yard for awhile. So nice and this time of the year, no bugs!

Shirley, I'll be mailing your stocking on Monday. Also the game prizes will be going out on Monday.

Updating our swapping

Amy ----- Faye

Margo ----- Mandy

Margo sent and Mandy received it.

Mandy has sent.

Annie ----- Beth

Annie sent

Jayeanne ---- Michelle

Shirley (NC) ----- Jeanne

Jingle Bells ... Jingle Bells ... Jingle All the Way ... Oh what fun ....

• amybabyboy3

Faye, Your stocking is going out tomorrow. You can open it whenever you would like, hope you enjoy! Merry Christmas! Amy

• smitties

Mandy, no problem that you opened your package now. I'm glad you enjoyed the contents. I'll certainly post when I receive yours. Margo

• canyonwind

Beth, confirming your Christmas stocking did go out this past Saturday (to your PO Box). Delivery should be Wednesday. I do have a tracking #.

And go ahead and open your package after you receive!! Enjoy!!

Merry Christmas!!

Annie

• smitties

Mandy, received your wonderful package today. I went ahead and opened it. I found

a pretty stocking with an orange in the toe of it. This made me smile because my late grandma used to put oranges and nuts in Christmas stockings.

two beautiful hand crafted cards. i wish I had talent.

Jergens hand lotion. My favorite cause I have always loved this scent.

Cute pair of Christmas socks.

Ghirardelli chocolates are in the cute little box in pic. Yum

brownies for dessert.

Sweet william, pinks, snapdragon, and poppy seeds.

pretty notecards

A cute paint set with a bird. Will do this later. It's a great destresser for me to paint.

and lastly, an awesome box of doterra essential oils. I'm started getting into oils about 6 months ago and these are great.

Thank you so much Mandy for the wonderful and thoughtful box of goodies. You just put a lot of brightness to my holiday. Margo

• l1oness

Margo - the orange is a tradition in my family too. My mom always puts an orange in the toe of the stocking (sometimes an apple too)... so in my head, that is what belongs in the toe of every stocking! :-)

I finally got a picture of the cute items you sent - thank you again!

Mandy

• Beth Brownberry

Oranges were traditional for us too. An orange, a couple nuts and a small coin. This was so long ago, you could still buy ice cream for a nickle. My how time flies

• sandlapper_rose

What great stockings! Love them!

Shirley, your stocking is on its way. Also, the prizes for the games. My husband offered to take everything to the post office for me today. That was really sweet. He said there was a long line.

Shirley, you can open your stocking when it gets there if you like. The slip says it will get there by Friday. I'll update the swap list tomorrow.

Very warm here the past few days. However, in a day or two it gets cold once again. All this up and down in the temperature is so confusing.

Jeanne

• Michelle Reynolds

Hello

My stocking is on its way.

It is stuffed,

Hope it gets home soon

• nottougly

Amy,

Your box is going out tomorrow and you can open it now or when you want. Please enjoy it.

Merry Christmas,

Faye!

• sandlapper_rose

Updating our swapping

Amy ----- Faye

Both have mailed.

Margo ----- Mandy

Both have mailed and received.

Annie ----- Beth

Annie mailed to Beth.

Jayeanne ---- Michelle

Michelle mailed to Jayeanne.

Shirley (NC) ----- Jeanne

Jeanne mailed to Shirley.

Caroling, caroling, now we go, Christmas bells are ringing

• nottougly

Amy,

I forgot something in your box so it will be delayed a day maybe 2 before I ship it. I will let you know when I do.

Faye!

• brittneysgran
    Jeanne I mailed your PKG Monday. Eddie said yours was delivered today. Will post pictures when I get home. On a bus trip with 41 people, was in Charleston SC yesterday and now in Savannah, Ga.
  • pinkiris

Michelle, your package is ready to go, but no mail for us today ... new holiday today. I will plan to ship tomorrow for you

• gardengirl37232

I got my prize today, Jeanne! Thank you so much and thank you for a fun game.

• sandlapper_rose

Shirley, my stocking did indeed arrive yesterday, but it was late in the day when my husband walked out to get the mail so I am just now posting. The stocking is wonderful - absolutely love the soft Santa design!

Shirley included a card, a gift package tie on, a beautiful hand painted Santa ornament (done on an egg shaped gourd), a December note pad with a magnet (we use these for our grocery list so very handy), candy cane chapstick, coconut snacks, an orange scented sweet treats soap, and a plaque that says, "Faith is inspiration for the future."

I've included 2 pictures since I want you to see how cute the stocking is! Thank you, Shirley.

Jeanne

• pinkiris

Jeanne ... thanks so much for the game prize, love the notepad and the Ferrero Rocher hazzlenut milk chocolates are DELICIOUS ... wow ... they are gone! LOL

thanks again Jeanne

• pinkiris

Michelle ... thank you very much for the wonderful handmade stocking, Love it! you are so creative and talented! several beautiful handmade gifts, a beautiful handmade necklace, 'infinity' perfume, Skin so Soft handcream, handmade soap, beautiful flowers with butterflies bag with zipper that included a matching pen, red votive candles, candy canes, LOTS of seeds! a beautiful handmade card and the most unique ornaments I have seen in a very long time ... I just absolutely love the ornaments Michelle ... did you make these? They are precious. Thank you very much Michelle for the most wonderful Stocking and everything you had tucked so neatly in there ...It felt like Christmas opening everything. Wishing you and yours a blessed and healthy Merry Christmas and Happy New 2019 year. Thank you Michelle!

• Michelle Reynolds

I'm glad everything made it ok. No I didn't make the ornaments, but thought they were so pretty.

Merry Christmas

• nottougly

Amy I received your stocking today. I am going to try to wait to open it but I may not.

Thank you very much.

Faye!

• pinkiris

Michelle, Yes everything was absolutely perfect, didnt seem to mind the travels from your place to mine =) I agree, yes, the ornaments are very pretty, thank you so much! ... and I apologize I forgot to ask you about opening it, but didnt see anything marked on the box to open or not, except which way to open it, LOL ....

Michelle, your box was mailed this morning. Merry Christmas!

• nottougly

Amy,

Your package is in this afternoons mail. You can open it whenever you like. I hope you enjoy it.

Faye!@

• beth_b_kodiak

Annie, the box arrived in today's mail and yours was mailed this AM. I have not opened the box yet and hope to wait a couple days. I'm thinking I can do that.

My computer just came back from the tec squad and it seems they did a great job! I know/understand nothing about computers and my efforts tend to make things worse. So thankful for the small company in town who does such a nice job.

Lots to catch up on

Thanks Annie and I'll post Sunday or Monday.

• brittneysgran

Jeanne, finally able to sit down and post my wonderful stocking you sent. I'm sure you made the beautiful stocking and also the cover for the Kleenex. I will be carrying the Kleenex in my purse to show it off. I am having a cookie party on the 18th of this month so the cocktail napkins are perfect. I will also be serving the spinach dip with the mix you sent. Jeanne also sent emory boards, craft sequins, Hershey candy, a pocket pad, stamping gear, fomosa lily seeds, a Christmas card, and honey straws. I have never seen the honey straws so delighted with these. Jeanne had each gift wrapped and it was such fun to open each one. Thank you so much Jeanne for this great stocking filled with all these goodies.

• canyonwind

Beth, you open the stocking package whenever your heart desires.....

These stockings are wonderful!!

Happy Sunday!!

Annie

• beth_b_kodiak

Thanks Annie!!!! I decided to try opening one thing at a time. Started with the outside box and was just tickled with the stocking itself. Love love love the plaid flannel! I had just bought myself a set of sheets that are exactly the same.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, computer was fixed but then my trusty old camera died. Got a new one and can't figure out how to coordinate it with the computer. I need a resident techie with a ton of patience.

• beth_b_kodiak

Ahhhhhha, I figured it out!!! and here is my first photo. My stocking is red abd black plaid with a furry top and the itens inside are also wrapped in fuzzy happy fabrics.

I opened a box that contained a nice salt and pepper set designed as grape leaves and fruit. I'm mighty proud of my grape vines here at the Old Folks Farm, and will enjoy having these for year round in the kitchen. Also, as you can see... I dug around inside and found some yummmm candy. Nice work Annie. THanks

• canyonwind

Beth, apparently my package from you arrived yesterday....just found it. I am running out right now and will post the wonderful contents tonight or in the morning.....

THANKS so much!!

Annie

• Beth Brownberry

Scheduled for Monday delivery

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)