Your shopping cart is empty.

Flooret LVP in Arbor, Brenwick or Kingswood? OR CorTEC Harrison Oak

D W
November 9, 2018

Does anyone have photos of Flooret Modin in Arbor, Brenwick or Kingswood installed? Looking for a timeless, medium brown. Comparing the Flooret colors listed with Cortec Harrison Oak. If you have pics of the Harrison Oak that would be much appreciated too!

Comments (398)

• Sara
    Here’s what Flooret responded regarding the next sale:

“The next one will likely be July. Another option is you could pay just $99 in shipping instead of $199, and opt for a terminal pickup instead of having us deliver it directly to your home. In most cases that extra $99 is worth the last leg of the journey for most people but it is an option if you're interested. Let me know if you have any other questions ”
  • suseyb

When I first started looking for flooring, I wasn't sure what I was looking for, but I knew it had to be very cost effective, since I had not budgeted enough $ for replacing all the flooring in the house. However, I have a passel of kids, in addition to the house, so it had to be a sturdy floor. In our previous home, we had 1/2 tile and 1/2 glue down Cali Bamboo. I knew I didn't want the bamboo again, because my children were not kind to it.

Once I found out about SPC, I was sold. It seemed like a great compromise. Looks like wood, has better strength than some of the other stuff not the market, was softer than tile, and could take some water. I knew it wasn't perfect. I also liked the idea of being able to DIY. With our $, I was either going to have to DIY, or find something incredibly cheap to put down. Tile was an option, but I didn't want that through the entire house. It wasn't likely inexpensive enough.

All that to say that I ended up researching everything I could find about SPC, visiting local stores, talking to local floor people, our contractor, floor people online, etc. I found the threads on Houzz about SPC, Flooret, and Supercore, and read every single one of them.

But I couldn't find a color I liked. And I knew that the Flooret product was gonna stretch my budget more than I liked. I got samples of every brand I could find, including multiple samples of the Supercore, because the pieces are small, as has been stated. I got samples of flooring that was obviously not SPC, even though they said it was. I put every single piece to the test. I banged on them, hammered them, scratched them with knives, put them everywhere in the house, and let my kids play with them. I had a ton of them in the entryway for a while, just to see how we would like walking on them. They all chipped at some point. I could scratch them all, and I could also dent every. single. one. They all managed water relatively well.

I also talked to lots of vendors. And ultimately, I decided that purchasing from the manufacturer was better because it cut out the middle man. I liked the customer service from almost every place I spoke to.

At one point, I had an issue with the bevels. I didn't want one. I got over that. LOL

But in the end, I picked Alan at We Ship Floors because I loved being part of the process in which we Houzzers helped to plan colors. I also loved that I knew his product was exactly what he said it was. And for what we needed, I decided the biggest difference between the two products was that 40 mil wear layer that the Flooret product has. And for the money, I didn't need it. Now I know there are other differences, but for me, that's what it came down to. The wear layer and the difference in price.

Now that I have it in, I realized the bevel wouldn't have been as big of an issue with the Flooret. I don't think you can go wrong with either product. But for what we needed, I'm very happy with the Supercore.

And if you've read through my book, thank you.

• ishop19

suseyb,

I read your book cover to cover. Thank you for sharing all that information about your experience, testing different brands and your decision process.

Would you mind posting a picture of your Supercore floor and let us know what color it is?

• Ruth Leonard

Hi all, I'm just catching up with this discussion. We finally got our building permit which takes for bloody ever in Hawaii, and yay!! great!! But all of a sudden we have to knuckle down on a thousand decisions, everything from pocket door hardware to whether outlets in the kitchen island should be horizontal or vertical. I am this close to being a raving lunatic!

Anyway, back to Flooret. We haven't ordered it yet but it's just a matter of timing the shipment right. Thanks to D W for your feedback on plank orientation and transitions. Sara, I looked at the videos you posted - very helpful! I have also filed away the info on scratches for future reference.

One of the things our contractor has been concerned about is putting kitchen appliances and our new kitchen island on top of the Flooret. I dug around on this topic awhile ago and found several people vouching that it's safe to install heavy things on top of the Flooret planks. So a13xxa, reading your experience was useful!

Dan R, while I can't add anything to sierra400's layout of the pros and cons of Karndean vs Supercore vs Flooret (sierra400 is a superstar) I'll just add that when I put Korlok and Flooret Soho side by side in natural lighting I thought the Korlok looked more shimmery and fake. It was also twice as expensive even after factoring in shipping costs to Hawaii.

Sara - I hope you're staying warm in the midwest!

Here's a picture of our kitchen colors. Glossy white cabinets, countertop and Soho floor.

D W thanked Ruth Leonard
  • Ruth Leonard

suseyb, you are every bit as much a superstar as sierra400!

• Sara
    Ruth,
    Those colors are beautiful together! Very classic and clean looking!

Thanks for thinking of us here in the Midwest/east. I survived the polar vortex. I’m sure Hawaii feels much better right now than in Ohio. If you ever need anyone to house sit your home in Hawaii...you know who to contact ;-) It’s on my bucket list!
  • Dan R

suseyb, thank you and yes, we read your book. This is a great forum and very helpful.

We ended up receiving the Karndean samples out of nowhere. There was no communication via email or anything but we got them. I actually agree with Ruth, the samples we received appear to have a bit more sheen and a plastic look to them.

We also received our 4 Arbor full planks. We love the color, but not sure if it will be too dark. We still have to paint as well, which will lighten up the rooms as well overall. Previous owners painted the ceilings the same colors as the walls and had dark wood trims. Both will be painted white with a light wall color. I might have to do a quick primer paint job in the smallest room with the planks laid out to get a true feel.

This has been tougher than we expected.

• Sara
    Just wanted to let you know that Flooret told me today that there is a new color coming soon. It is a high variation warm brown that will be launched in about 2 months approximately
  • ishop19

Oh booo for high variation.

Thanks for the update, Sara!

• Sara
    Ishop, I agree... I’m not a fan of the high variation. It reminds me of a Patchwork Quilt
  • sierra400

Ruth, I really like all those samples together. your kitchen is going to look great!

Sara, that is good to know! So the new color will probably be similar to Dover and Gibson?

• Sara
    I asked if they had any pictures, but they said no. I also got the following responses from them today.

No, unfortunately we will not have photos until we have it in stock. Based on the colors you were leaning on I suspect it would not be your favorite since it is not a light color. It is a warm burnt looking brown. Almost like Brenwick but with much higher variation in color from plank to plank.

It is possible you would like the color, but you certainly need to be sure you like the look of a high variation floor. As an example, you can look on our site at the Dover and Gibson. Those are definitely nothing like the actual color of the new Raeburn we will be launching, but that high variation look is what I am referring to.
  • dlgdano

I really appreciate posting the video on how to install the stairs. Very helpful even if I'm late to find it. Sure eager to see photos / hear about installed Flooret stair treads - any color. I have them sending me a whole tread of Sutton. Sure wish they would send me just a foot long piece. But they are super responsive to all my inquiries. Very close to ordering 900 sq ft of Sutton.

• Ruth Leonard

Sara and sierra400 thanks for your thumbs up on our color theme. You're welcome to drop in at our Hawaii home if you ever get to your bucket list!

• Katie

I just started reading this post - very informative- thank you. We are going to use LVP in our kitchen and dining room. But we are going w the tile look bc the adjacent living and family rooms have real hardwood and I read that when LVP is placed next to real hardwood, you can (readily) tell it's not read hardwood. Tile-like choices are more limited. Did anyone consider Mannington Adura or COREtec? The two flooring places we went to recommended these brands. Thanks!

• Sara
    Hi Katie,
    I have looked at both Coretec and Adura. I have never seen Coretec’s tile LVP, but I have seen Adura’s tile. It looked extremely realistic. If I ever put LVP Tile in a bathroom, then that’s the brand I would choose.
  • sierra400

Just wanted to let folks know, I have been living with my Flooret full plank samples in our kitchen for the last couple weeks right in front of our stove/dishwasher area. I have spilled water, detergent, grease, chili, you name it because I am a very clumsy haha, and everything has wiped up easily with no staining!

D W thanked sierra400
  • ishop19

sierra400 have you dropped anything on it? heavy knives, heavy canned goods? Anything like that?

• sierra400

Shockingly, I have yet to drop anything. It’s only a matter of time though!

• Sara
    FYI- I bought some steel wool to try to rub that scratch out on my Arbor plank like a Houzz user recommended. It did nothing at all. I will most likely buy the product on Amazon that Flooret recommends. Hopefully that works
  • Greg

I could use some help as well. What floorer colors might work in my house?

• ishop19

Greg,

I’m not familiar with all their colors, but out of Soho, Sutton, Kingswood, Brenwick, and Arbor, I would say maybe Sutton? Looking forward to hearing other opinions. Flooret has a marvelous floor simulator on their website. It will simulate any of their colors in your actual pictures. I would say play around with that and post some of those pictures for opinion.

• Lily

Following post. This has been very helpful since we are all in the market for lvp to replace our entire house with open floor plan. We currently have 3 types of floorinng/6 differs colors.

• Adam
    We recently got the Madeira installed. It looks awesome!
  • suseyb

I as asked upthread what Supercore we chose. This is Oak Natural. Please excuse the messy bookcase. We chose light colored flooring because our house is northern facing. I really do love how it looks.

• Sara
    Susie, your floors are gorgeous! They remind me a lot of the Kingswood from Flooret!
  • Lily

suseyb, your flooring is beautiful, does it have a lot of texture or is it pretty smooth?

• D W

Susie I echo Sara! Your floors are very pretty and they do remind me of Kingswood in Flooret! Thanks for sharing!

Greg, I highly recommend the simulator on the Flooret website. It's so easy and let's you play with the various coloring floors with pictures from your home. It works well to try the shades in the different rooms.

• sierra400

Susey, your floors look amazing!

• D W

I had never heard of Supercore until the latest additions to our thread. Another new option to consider might make my friends run for the hills. Checking out their site and color options. Thanks for the introduction! :-D

• sierra400

DW, there is a huge thread on here all about SUPERCore. its called ” Adura Max vs. COREtec“

• Sara
    DW, let me know if there’s any colors that you saw that you liked. I most likely have a sample at home that I can take a picture of for you next to the Flooret
  • Alexis Payne

I’m new to this feed and am so grateful I found it! I am super impressed with floorets service, quality, and pricing, but am having the hardest time finding a color I love. Im leaning toward Arbor at the moment. Those of you who have it installed, is It terrible to keep clean? I hear that dark floors show dirt and dust so badmy so that’s a top concern for me. I’m an Arizona girl so we have a lot of dust!

Im also considering Sutton. I do feel like It’s a bit too warm/yellow for me. I’m looking for a true ashy brown, with very little warm undertones. I want it to be brown though, not gray. Is there another option that I haven’t considered yet?

• sierra400

Alexis, I think arbor is your best bet for an ashy brown that isn’t grey. I totally get what you meant in this color description btw! I am installing Arbor soon, so i can’t comment yet on dirt visibility really, BUT I have been living with the full size plank samples in my kitchen for several weeks and they have been fantastic. Zero issues with spills or crumbs showing any more easily than the existing laminate which is maybe slightly lighter in color than Arbor, more of a reddish brown. Everything wipes off super easily. I think what helps is the wire brush effect on Arbor. It gives the color a bit of a lighter feel than a solid dark brown, if that makes sense, and the patterning seems to be pretty good at masking this. honestly I haven’t noticed any dust on the planks really and I live in Nevada. Although it is in my kitchen which doesent get much dust anyway!

• Katie

Has anyone heard of Revotec brand of LVP? Not a lot of info.

• MAdkins

Katie: I'm also still looking at options and had not heard of Revotec. So, I got on the website and just called. You have to go to the dwcarpet.com website and search for a dealer. The rep said that samples can only be obtained from the dealer, who has to call to order them; even though there is a "samples" option on their voice system. In my experience so far, when a dealer is involved, the price goes way up. I think that's why many of us are drawn to the Flooret Modin and Supercore business models; no middleman. Let me know if you learn more about Revotec. I do like the idea of a tile-look option for my entire house because I think it may look more realistic than the wood-plank look (as long as the tile isn't slippery; for my Mini-Schnauzers).

• MAdkins

suseyb: I am now comparing Supercore Natural Oak (Your floors look great BTW) with Modin Sutton. Did you compare the two? Sara indicates that your floor is closer to Modin Kingswood color. (I did not order a Kingswood sample from Modin because it seemed too dark to me.) I have a sample of Supercore Natural Oak on the way. Just curious what you though if you compared the two. I would like your opinion too, Sara.

• Lily

Do they Flooret and SuperCore have a lot of texture to them? I would like something a little smoother and not the wire brushed texture.

• ishop19

Lily,

I’m only familiar with Flooret. It depends on the color. They have a few colors such as Brenwick and Soho that are not wire brushed texture. I would probably say Kingswood doesn’t have wire brush either but a light variation (vs high variation) in color. They may have other colors I haven’t looked at that meet your preference.

I pretty sure Supercore has similar options.

• suseyb

The SuperCORE seems to have less texture than the Flooret. I think that may be due to the wear layer? Maybe someone more knowledgeable can answer that one. The most smooth that I have received as a sample is one in the essential line called Circassian Walnut.

I have samples of both the Flooret and the SuperCORE in my garage. I did compare to the Sutton and Kingswood. I will take pictures, though my light is almost always bad. If you order samples from SuperCORE, get a couple. It will help you to see the color better. The Flooret samples are definitely larger.

D W thanked suseyb
  • Alexis Payne

Sierra thanks for your response. Sounds like within the Flooret line arbor will be my best bet. I’d love to hear your impression of it after it’s installed. How often you have to sweep, mop, etc. I really want it to work for us!

ive also heard good things about the supercore line on this feed so maybe I should check that out. Has anyone come across any samples that fit this description:

-ashy brown. Little/no warm undertones

-light/medium to medium brown

-classic. Not overly rustic

-not gray

• Sara
    I just read this morning that Arbor is back ordered until late April. Ugh!!!!
  • sierra400

What?? You are kidding me! I was planning to order next month :( I guess I better put in my order now!

• ishop19

I finally found a good installer!!! Yay! I’m going to move forward with Brenwick. I was going to start looking at supercore colors but I just can’t stomach the thought of searching more. Especially since their samples are so little.

• D W

Susyb I'd love to see photos of the Flooret samples next to the Supercore samples! Thanks so much for being willing to do that for us! Ishop19!! Congrats on making your decision! Woo Hoo!

Sara I've not yet gone to the Supercore website, but plan to do so this weekend. Thanks for offering to post pics! :-D I've kind of put this thinking on hold for a while, but time to get back in the saddle. haha!!

• sierra400

Hooray, ishop! Great news, can’t wait to see how it turns out

• D W

Susyb, I saw a few pics of your floor on another thread. Would you mind posting a few pictures of your home and flooring in different lighting? I'm going to order some samples of the Natural Oak, but from other threads I'm guessing they will be quite small. Your grey walls and white trim, are similar to the direction I'll be going in my home (it's a reno project) so I'd be grateful to see more photos of your flooring in your home. Thanks so much!

• D W

Sara, if you have samples of Supercore's Natural Oak (and other similar you think could work) with Flooret's Kinsgwood, Sutton or Soho, I'd be grateful to see the comparison! Thanks for offering above! :-D

• ishop19

Sara,

Might as well put them next to Brenwick too if you have that one! I’m still curious.

• D W

I love that some of us on this thread have been "together" long enough it's like we're gal pals who've been to each other's homes. :-D We have a sense of each other's styles and vibes. I love that! Those of you who are new...WELCOME! It's fun to have new playmates! haha!

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).