Your shopping cart is empty.

Red Abutilon plant care...any idea when this plant booms?

Pam Merrill
November 22, 2018

Comments (2)

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

In my climate Abutilons flower outdoors all summer and into autumn in mild weather. The tender ones are overwintered in cool, very bright rooms such as sunrooms or greenhouses where they can sometimes continue to bloom. I'm not convinced they make good long term house plants. Oh btw it's not an annual. Its a woody perennial. Some species make small trees.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

it appears to be a shrub.. that peeps also bring indoors for winter ... you might want to try the houseplant forum .... for other muses ...

such plants .. indoors ... might be hard to bring to flower .. unless you can give it the light it needs for flower production ... how much light will it be getting??

watering can also be tricky indoors .... as well as humidity .... based on your winter heating ...

does your pot have a drain hole?

did you just transplant it???

frankly .. when i bring in zone appropriate plants for winter. ... all i hope to do.. is get it thru winter ... until i get it back outside late next spring ... if in fact they bloom.. its just all gravy ... i dont really hope for it ... and dont get bummed if they dont.. but do a happy dance if i get lucky ...

ken

https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-care-for-abutilon-plants-3976754

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).