Paint and flooring mystery - please help

HU-401789630

We are renovating a house built in 1962. Our den has been the biggest challenge. It is 11x18’ with a stone fireplace. We had decided on some “temporary“ carpeting to just get in the house (Alaskan Air Let Loose) because it has brown and grays. We chose to paint the paneling (ugh, I know) Essential Gray from Sherwin William. The color is all wrong in the room and against the fireplace. It is coming off very purple - Any ideas for a color that will look less out of place? What about the flooring?

We bought the property (and the house came with it ;) ) - so, right now, we’re trying to update / improve elements instead of starting from scratch. So far, the paint we’ve used in the rest of the house is: ultra white, jetstream (daughter’s choice), sea salt, naval/gray screen combo. Trying to keep it on the cool color side - but I’m not sure I’ll be able to do that.

Desperate for suggestions! TIA (sorry for the bad quality photos and mess)