0
Find the right pro for your project

Catalogs, Here they Come!

digit (ID/WA, border)

Steve

• Maribeth

I love it. What a great way to brighten up the weather.

• digit (ID/WA, border)

Johnny's catalog has arrived and they have a new winter squash.

The link is to the first page of Johnny's list. There is also Cha Cha, Buttercup, and Autumn Crown, all repeat performers in my garden and on a basement shelf at this moment.

Tetsukabuto is the new one ... (too many syllables! ) It's described as a "versatile kabocha/butternut cross," so it is a hybrid of 2 species not usually crossing.

They say it has resistance to both vine borers and mildew! "Eye-popping yields!" The plant can do it all ...

Extensive winter squash selection at Johnny's. You need to have a C. moschata or C.
    maxima plant near the Tetsukabuto because it isn't self-pollinating (too many syllables!).

Steve

• nbm1981

I have been getting MANY more catalogs this year than in years past and it's one of the few things I receive in the mail I will never complain about. I always look forward to Baker Creek's incredible Whole Seed Catalog, which I get free each season (I don't know if that's because I spend WAY too much with them every year or not), and the weekend-upon-weekend fun of perusing through the new ones I've never received before. It's such a fun time of year. I will admit, though, that I am exercising more restraint this year than normal because I already have more seed than I will ever need, or than will remain viable before it can be used.

• popmama

I got the Baker Creek catalog. It is almost like a piece of art. In fact, I feel guilty that they send it to me. It probably cost them more to produce than I spent with them last year. I did buy some seeds from them, but not much.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)