0

Like it or not?

Jeanne Hamilton
Just got this firepit table but my husband and I have differing opinions. Is it too tall for the sofa? Sofa is 13” high and table is 24”. Please share your opinion!

• Jeanne Hamilton
    Correction- My sofa is 15” not 13.
  • rockypointdog

Seems fine because this is a patio, not a media room or family room, where you would be slouching on the sofa with your feet up. I imagine when you use this area, you are sitting upright on the sofa, enjoying coffee or a glass of wine with friends. From the pic, doesn’t seem like it would feel like a barrier between the people sitting on the sofa chatting.

Nanke Signature Group

It is a great piece but it does look a little too tall for this space. The 24" height would work great as an end table. Typically seating height lands around 18" and most coffee tables sit at that same height. Because the height of the seat of your sectional is 15", a piece closer to that height would suite your space more effectively. A low square or linear fire table would suite your space more effectively. Each of these gas fire tables are 16"H:

Best of luck with your project!

• Jeanne Hamilton
    I like those lower tables but do they house the gas tank inside? Where would I find them? I’ve had a hard time finding lower heights.
  • Lisa

Seems too high. You should be looking down at the fire.

Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

It seems too high, and the square shape doesn't really compliment the curve of the sofa. A shorter rounded one would work better.

Angelica Angeli ❤ Interior Design Journalist

We agree, it seems to high. Try something like these:

Swanky Chicago Rooftop Garden Remodel · More Info

Modern Luxury Home · More Info

• athomeeileen

We have a high one like that. It felt too high at first but its comfortable to use. I don't want anyone tempted to put their feet up on it! It's not too tall for anything and it doesn't block conversation. It's nice to use.

• FinallyHome

Too high.

• Kendrah

Too high and too small.

• Kris Bruesehoff

If you get a new one maybe look atone with more consistent top. I find the multiple tiles on that carpet are a little much.

• Jeanne Hamilton
    I returned it! Thx for the help everyone!