0

what chandelier to use here ?

aerove26
I’m moving into my new condo shortly .. there is no lighting on the ceiling in the living room . Would like to have a chandelier , which kind would look good?

Please recommend lighting ideas .

I will Have a mid century/ modern decor.

• ilovecomputers

Congratulations on your new home. What do you think of these chandeliers? (They are both from Joss & Main.)

• aerove26
    Thank u , I was thinking of something a bit more modern. Something like this?
  • Jamie Ludwig

Chandelier's are usually used over dinning room tables. Most people prefer to use softer and more versital lamps in a living room which is most likely why the room was designed with no ceiling fixture. If you do decide on adding a light in the living room you will proably want to get something the would have a simular finish to the pendant lights over your island since they are so close together.

BeverlyFLADeziner

I'm partial to this one from IKEA for $25 plus cord kit

• groveraxle

Wrought Studio Briggs 45-Light Sputnik Chandelier | Wayfair · More Info

• ilovecomputers
    I’m all for modern, but your comment about mid-century furnishings threw me :)
  • Jamie Ludwig

I like the rod fixture you posted. It ties in very well with both the midcentury and modern. Plus it looks like you have a lovely view so you don't want anything too large or heavy to block that. I think the Beverly's sugggesting is very fun and funky but I would worry about keeping it free of dust/dirt and it blocking too much of the windows view and light during the day.

You will also want to check the height of the ceiling with where your chandelier will hang. You don't want everyone over 5'5" hitting their head as they cross the room

• groveraxle

Oops, the one I posted above is not available from Wayfair, but there are a bunch on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=New+Modern+Firefly+Plant+Pendant+Light&_sacat=0

• aerove26
    I’m not sure what the scale of the light should be?
    Seldens Furniture

For the approx size your chandelier add the room dimensions together. For example, a 12 x 12 room should have a chandelier around 24" in diameter.

I like the fixture you chose. These styles would work too

Robert Abbey Jonathan Adler Sputnik Chandelier 710 · More Info

Shelly Chandelier · More Info

Dahlia 8-Light Chandelier, Silver and Bronze · More Info

Quoizel Affinity Chandelier · More Info

Retro Steam Works

Have you considered getting something made specially for the space? If interested I make custom lighting based on the client's specifications.

Feel free to request a quote at: Retro Steam Works / Custom Lighting Design

Nandina Home & Design

Here are a few chandelier ideas for you:

Morningside Scandinavian Eclectic Home · More Info

• aerove26

I kinda dig the second one :)

Something like this might work: http://woodenchandeliersplus.com. Good luck!