0

Does anyone here remember Christine?

Delilah66

I think that was her screen name. She lived in Maryland and was active on the other side (and probably on house building). She was always finding great cabinets and such to renovate her house a bit here and a bit there. Is she still around?

• nini804

Oh, she was in kitchens! She had tons of cool stuff she was saving for her reno. it was like a first and last name...I definitely remember her. Hope she is doing well!

• tartanmeup

I don't know her but try a search with her name, Maryland and choose "Advice". Scroll down and see if any posts are in kitchens. Hope you get in touch. :)

• writersblock

Wasn't she CFFreeman or CFreeman?

Delilah66 thanked writersblock
  • Delilah66

Yes! That's it, writersblock! CEFreeman. Now, let's see if I can find Kitchens in this revised mess.

• writersblock

I don't think she's been here since last January, unless she's changed her name:

https://www.houzz.com/activities/user/cefreeman

• bpath Oh Sophie

I could have sworn I saw her post a while back, but maybe it was an old thread I came across. Hmm, why am I suddenly craving cookie dough and red wine?

• Delilah66

Cookie dough and red wine???

• eld6161

Yes, I remember her too. She was a true DIYer. She once led a thread sharing her progress as well as others.

• Springroz

her name was CFreeman, or perhaps there was also a middle initial.

• Bunny

We both share a love of cookie dough.

• bpath Oh Sophie

And she had several pictures of her glasses of red wine. Or maybe there was just one and I kept going back to it ;)

I hope she posts more, she's quite delightful.

• leela4

I think peanut butter cups were high on her list too.

It's funny-I was just thinking about Christine the other day because I saw a reference to Granite Grannies with respect to soapstone. The last I remember was a pic of her newly installed soapstone sink.

I've also been wondering about EAM-she was primarily in kitchens as well and always had great advice about backsplashes.

• patriceny

Christine had an awesome sense of humor. I loved reading her posts.

• blfenton

And wasn't it Reese's peanut butter cups as well? (or maybe I'm thinking of someone else)

I hope she didn't get lost or frustrated in all the changes.

ETA - I just noticed leela's comment about the peanut butter cups.

• happy2b…gw

I remember Christine and I wonder how she is doing.

• eld6161

I would love to see how her renovation turned out. She alway said it was a work in progress and would take a while. But......it's been a vey long time, I hope she's done!

Delilah66 thanked eld6161
  • Delilah66

eld6161 I always got the sense she was enjoying the process with no mandatory timeline. I also liked that she had a great sense of community, trading labor with others.

• OutsidePlaying

I didn’t recall her as Christine, but I do remember CEFreeman or whatever her GW name was. She was funny interesting to read.

• d_gw

She made a comment or two this summer, looks like she was frustrated with the Houzz changes.

https://www.houzz.com/activities/user/cefreeman/comments

• runninginplace

With the stipulation we all curate our online personas, I always had the feeling s/he deeply needed a social outlet that was found in reaching out to a forum virtual community. Just seemed like an endless disgorgement of stuff, starting with relevant home topics but including MANY personal sharing posts, starting up weekly series of topics etc.

Also in my experience online, folks that dive that deep tend to burn out eventually, or maybe find real life ways to connect with others.

• d_gw

running, your post made me think of the woman from Alaska. Igloochick? Igloochic? She dominated the home decorating forum for quite a while and then fell off the radar.

• Sueb20

Someone recently asked about Igloo in a different post and I believe her mother popped in to report that all was fine with her.

I can't remember the name right now of another prolific member who was here a lot until she suddenly disappeared. Oh...JonMari? Her name was something like that. Does anyone else remember her and/or know what happened?

I liked Les917 Isomething like that?) too.... and then there was Bronwynsmom? Just a couple of names I remember. Sorry to hijack. I didn't "know" Christine.

• d_gw

Yes, I remember Mari. Very opinionated. She lived in NH? Posted a few pictures of she and her husband in costumes?

I remember Les too. I remember Bronwyn's name but I don't remember her online personality like I do Les and Mari.

Also, I have an abnormal memory for strange details so I apologize if I come across as creepy :)

• eld6161

I don't remember JonMarie, but I do recognize Les9917, and Bronwyn.

Now you got me to thinking!

Boxerpups. She was terrific in quickly finding examples of things.

And of course, who could forget Beekeeperswife? I think we can give her credit for starting the arabesque tile trend.

• blfenton

Is palimpsest still around? I seldom go to the decorating side anymore. He posted a few times on Hot Topics during the midterms but hasn't been back.

• Mimou-GW

What about Golddust? She posted a lot in conversations . She was in California.

• eld6161

Pal has been around, although not lately.

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real

I have been wondering about Pal too. He didn't answer Rockybird's quarry about her laundry room and he usually spoke up on her threads since.

Boxer pups is Boxerpal and still going strong on Deco side. She is so generous with her time and so incredibly helpful.

• d_gw

I think he has been posting on Sophie's FB page. IIRC, he said he was taking a break from Hzz based on some things that were revealed about Hzz operations during the Sophie blow up. I could be wrong because he is using a different name but his posts are very similar to Pal's.

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real

Uh-oh, come to think of it, I haven't seen boxerpal in a long time. The last thread was about the pendants in her kitchen. I need to get back on FB. I just really, really loathe FB, always have. I only ever got on because it was supposed to be the right thing to do when your children got on- that turned out to be silly advice and I abandoned it quickly.

• Sueb20

Wait...isnt Neetsiepie Golddust? Name change? Everyone seemed to change names a while back.

Dgw, abormal details? Like I remember JonMari‘s living room paint color? Yeah, join the club.

• chickadee2_gw

Neetsiepie is in CO and Golddust is in CA. Bronwynsmom told us when she was leaving because of family responsibilities. I think her mother was ill. I recognize the name CEFreeman, but can’t remember her posts. I rarely go on the Kitchen forum.

Does anyone hear from Kswl? She must be getting her Friendly Village dishes ready for Christmas.

• DLM2000-GW

I'll never forget JonMari's self depricating comment something along the lines of her 'white girl flat a$$ not looking good in any jeans'. Lots of people I miss over the years.

• Delilah66

'white girl flat a$$ not looking good in any jeans'. Haha! If JonMari said that, we must be long-separate twins.

• mayflowers

Neetsiepie lives in Oregon. She did have a name change. Pal is on Sophie's FB page.

• chickadee2_gw

Mayflowers, you’re right. I was picturing Oregon in my head, but wrote CO.

What’s Sophie’s status on Houzz? Is she allowed back on? What’s she listed under on Facebook?

• d_gw

IIRC, Sophie's account was reinstated but she decided not to come back. She was posting quite a bit on the FB page but recently has had some health issues and now has difficulty using a keyboard.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AuntSophiesCorner/?ref=bookmarks

• Springroz

Does anybody else rememder “girlwith pearls” or something like that? She was redoing a commercial space on NOLA...

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24

How about “ girl with asprin”, who had a sweet little pug named Lemon.? She haunted me for years. she was going through a sad split, made sadder by having to lose the home she and her husband had worked so hard on. Actually, I believe she trying to decide on buying her ex out and staying, or moving for a fresh start, and feeling very conflicted. I remember recommending she leave the suburbs for a vibrant downtown where there were lots of other young singles .

She seemed so sad and uncertain, I wanted to give her a big hug and say all will be well.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24

Is neetsie he former natal? Hmm, I think not?

• Olychick

CindyMac is the former natal, I believe.

• sableincal

I've wondered about Tibbrix. She was sent to the teacups just before the 2016 election; she was extremely intense for Hillary. Always wondered how she handled the outcome of the election.

• eld6161

Neetsie I think was Pesky.

I also miss Tibbrix. Loved her green kitchen and her overall sense of color.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)