Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dc5385

Front door color and hardware

Devi
5 years ago

Hello, we are lovingly updating this little workers cottage in Chicago. We've done the inside in a sort of shaker/craftsman style and I'm including a picture of the 5 panel doors throughout (still adding to the trim and painting so things will have an unfinished look as you'll see).

Inside knobs are all satin nickel and the pic shown is the front closet bang opposite the front door. I'm also showing pics of the inside of the front door and the front of the house. My phone isn't getting great pics but it's what I have.

We are redoing the whole porch and adding all the plants into the front yard in spring so no need to comment on that :)

My questions are...

What hardware finish and style? I have satin nickel inside but don't see many people doing that outside. The inside knob and deadbolt provided with the set seem to come in the same finish as outside so does that mean it's ok to have the front door knob (from inside) not match the rest?

Secondly what color paint would you do outside given the color of siding?

Finally I would really like to avoid buying a whole new door so please avoid that suggestion. Only ways to upgrade/integrate/modernize existing door please. Thanks!

Comments (9)