0

Has anyone used LVT in master bathroom or any other bathroom?

mommaleah

We are redoing our Master bath and one of our extra bathrooms and we were considering doing LVT on the floors instead of tile. The one we are looking at says that it is completely waterproof - guaranteed. Has anyone gone gone this route?

JAN MOYER

LVP or LVT? I have done LVP , engineered hardwood, even real hardwood in a master bath. A kids bath? I would stick to tile, No matter what anyone says.

• mayflowers

Yes, mine has been in for five years and it's grouted and waterproof. We're using the same tile in our master bath--Armstrong Alterna in Multistone White.

• mimimomy

O.K. so I said "luxury vinyl" no way ever. Used this in a small bathroom and love it. Many of the very upscale homes in this area are are using luxury vinyl in baths. This one has a super nice attached underlayment, a nice textured surface, and is so much warmer feeling than ceramic tile... you may be thinking more tile than plank... but thought I'd throw it out there :) Good luck on your decision!

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SMARTCORE-Ultra-8-Piece-5-91-in-x-48-03-in-Blue-Ridge-Pine-Luxury-Locking-Vinyl-Plank-Flooring/1000196679

• Mrs Pete

I'm considering it. I'm not overly fond of the tile in my current house. Yeah, I know, I know: tile is "the thing to have", but it's also cold to the touch, hard on aging knees, and quick to break things that're dropped.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)