0

Help me make my Calacatta bathroom remodel be cohesive.

Keep It Nice
I am remodeling a master bath with a marble shower and a freestanding tub. The shower and wainscoting walls around tub will be 6x12 Calacatta in a brick pattern with a hex floor. The rest of the bathroom will be Calacatta set in a diagonal pattern. While checking out my tiles I have noticed the floor tiles are mostly gold, greens and soft beige hues. The wall tiles are mostly greys and blues.
I was going to purchase a Calacatta Borghini counter but after looking at my wall tiles I am wondering if I need a different countertop. Still Calacatta but I have seen slabs with beiges, gold and blue/grey colors.
Will my Calacatta Borghini still work? The last pic is a marble I saw that was Calacatta extra and it had more greys and very little golds.
Anyone have any ideas to tie this all together?
My cabinets are custom and will be painted. I am trying to decide on counter so I can finalize cabinet color. I am leaning towards a griege or taupe color.

• Hansen
    I think gray cabinets and a solid white counter top would be great. Accent colors in towels vase/flowers, rugs, etc..
    Skippack Tile & Stone

You are dealing with natural stone, so there's bound to be variations. Also, there's different marbles that are marketed as Calacatta that technically aren't. If you like your floor selection better, you could use that one the walls too. The installer can even cut them down to 6x12.

IMO there is no reason to have those different layouts that material is already busy I would have chosen a alerger format tile for the shower walls ans wainscoting and a solid color counter in one of the grays from the rest. There is such a thing is too much of a good thing.

• blondelle
    I wouldn't combine those two stones. Even though they are both calacatta I don't feel they go together, especially as they are different colors. You can use a hex version on the floor but it has to tie in with the wall. I also would not use more pattern on the counter. Caesarstone Organic White works well with Calacatta as the small.pattern is soft and minimal.
  • cat_ky

I agree, the mix doesnt look great together. As for the cabinet and countertop, either a white cabinet and a gray countertop (solid color gray), or a gray cabinet and a solid color white (same shade of white as your marble) countertop.

• Karen Rose
    I commented on our other post but I’m gonna say it again, one of these marbles HAS to go. My advice would be get a plain large format shower tile and return those. While everything is beautiful, it is going to be far too busy and will not work.
  • Keep It Nice
    Leena braich
    3:31 PM
    Update- Bedrosians will let me exchange my polished wall tiles for the honed ones that were more earth tones. At least my floors and walls will be cohesive. There are a lot of plain tiles in that batch so I can use the plain ones on the wainscoting wall. The shower is in a separate room so the room won’t look as busy. I will have mushroom color cabinets to ground the space as well. Once the cabinets and tiles are in place I can decide on the counter top.
  • Keep It Nice
    Thanks everyone for your input.