0

New front door color suggestions?

Caitlin

My husband and I are planning to paint our front door. I can’t stand the bland light blue with the light siding. I’m not even sure if the siding is light blue or gray? It drives me crazy! Anyway, I need front door color suggestions. Id love to update the shutters, but that probably won’t realistically happen right now. I’m open to anything from a traditional to bold door. I’ve debated black, navy, red and yellow, but I’d be open to anything really. Also, please ignore my sad decor and porch...it’s a work in progress. Thanks!

• grapefruit1_ar

I like something traditional like a dark red (SW Rustic Red) that would be used on the door, sidelight, and the frame on the sidelight window. You could then replace your lights with something larger and spiffier, add a larger colorful outdoor rug, and try some larger pots with flowers/plants. Your home is a very charming style!

Caitlin thanked grapefruit1_ar
  • cat_ky

I can see a nice brighter shade of turquoise on your door. Also, when you do paint, and whatever color you end up picking, paint the frame on those side windows. It appears to not be painted now, and it really needs to be.

Caitlin thanked cat_ky
  • Rachel Lee
    I’d go with a coral color to really pop, it’s what I used on my house. If that’s too bold, a nice mid blue would look nice. Either way, paint the underside of the porch a “haint ” blue to brighten the space.
    Caitlin thanked Rachel Lee
  • ptreckel
    Navy would look great!
    Caitlin thanked ptreckel
  • celerygirl

Any bright color!

• Joy Peace
    following

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)