0
Find the right pro for your project

Which window design is better?

alinkaradion
We’re building a home and are having a hard time with the windows. From the two options which window design is better? (Focus only on the windows in the center of the house.) Is the option with the many smaller windows (Option 2) too busy? Thank you in advance!
  • Sammie J

I don't like the appearance of either of those options. Instead, I'd do a modified option 2. Skip the "middle" windows (between the upper and lower). And, at least make all lower windows (across the first floor of the house) the same height.

• David Cary

They both look bad. If the view there is so fantastic, why the double height covered entry that blocks it?

• worthy

Forget the Romeo and Juliet.

• Kirsten Eloise
    If I had to choose, I much prefer #1. Definitely think #2 is too busy. Where would those windows even be?
    Mark Bischak, Architect

There are two sides of every window, and you have presented only one. Ask your architect.

There is a term for your two story entry stoop that I can not repeat here.

• bpath Oh Sophie

The window stickers look like a man in a suit and white shirt...standing in each window...it's a bit eerie...lol...or like a Magritte painting...

• Rachel Lee
    It’s difficult to answer without seeing the inside as well. I personally do not like the asymmetrical windows, but it is possible they are appropriate inside.
    Carolina Kitchen & Bath

I chose the one I disliked the least, neither is good. Your house has a traditional look but the windows look kind of modern. Maybe it's just because it isn't finished yet, but if you're making changes, consider going a little more old-fashioned looking.

Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

Neither, honestly. The windows don't seem to match the style of home at all. How does the window placement impact the interior design?

• mimimomy

I am in the neither camp, as I think you can do better, but I'd choose the one that provides you the best view to the outdoors. Sorry!!

HomeDecorAZ

We agree with most of the comments. But if there were really only 2 options, we'd go with the first.

• B Carey

I'm not a fan of the 3 rows of windows. The other walls on the facade only have 2 rows. So it looks off. I think the front would look much better if you removed the middle row on either of the options.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)