Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_5881825

Bosch 800 series dishwasher

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Does anyone have a Bosch 800 series dishwasher, either SHVM78W53N or SHVM98W73N? Can you tell me if it is flush with adjacent cabinet door/drawers? I just had a Kitchenaid DW installed but am sending it back because KA DW’s can’t be mounted seamlessly (flush) with cabinets. It sticks out 2 inches because of side vent.

Comments (14)

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Can you tell me the depth of your cabinets? we have the outlet in the adjacent cabinet So should only have to deal with the water line.

• Matt
    5 years ago

Curious to see photo. We ordered the paneled version for upcoming remodel, but it's on back-order till January due to the plant being down in North Carolina due to the hurricanes.

• afcgirl
    5 years ago

Hi, sorry for the delay, I will post pics later today. In looking at our drawings, it looks like the cabinet depth is exactly 2.0 feet, and then there is a "false" back behind the cabinets that is 7 inches deep (not sure if the false back is there due to the sink/dishwasher or for another reason).

• Matt
    5 years ago
    Is the dishwasher installed in an island?
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you afcgirl. Your cabinet is as deep as mine so I’m going to order the Bosch since it looks like it will work.. Photos will still be helpful as I can show my installer what its supposed to look like. :)

• afcgirl
    5 years ago

Matt yes it is not against a wall, but is in an L shaped island. We ordered ours from Abt about 4-6 weeks ago and it was in stock. We have the model SHVM78W53N. They never mentioned plant issues to us.

• wekick
    5 years ago

Our new Bosch DW is deeper than the one from 2008 By at least an inch.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

As long as it can be installed flush with cabinets I’m happy. The Kitchenaid Im returning sat proud of the cabinet doors by 2”!

• afcgirl
    5 years ago

As promised, here are some photos, the door will have a white cabinet panel like the ones surrounding it, same height and same handle. Obviously still need countertops and sink (sink to the immediate left of dishwasher). There is empty cabinet space behind the dishwasher., around 7 inches. I believe the dishwasher itself is 2 feet deep. I can update when all finished, hopefully next few weeks. Hope this helps!

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you so much.
  • LINDA
    5 years ago
    The panel next to the 3 drawers is my 800 series Bosch panel ready dishwasher. Yes it is flush.
    User thanked LINDA
  • annpham27
    3 years ago

@afcgirl and @LINDA

We are in the middle of installing our Bosch 800 series and are having issues with the height of the panel. We ordered a panel to match the surrounding cabinet panels, 32.5" but now have an issue with it being too tall and hitting the toe kick of the DW when opening. So we can't get it to open completely. Can I ask what the height is of your panels? Did you have this issue?

• LINDA
    3 years ago

annpham27 My panel is 30 inches high and my toe kick is 3 3/4 inches high. I don't know if the height of the toe kick matters or not.