Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amycozamanis

What is the name of the wall paint color? Thanks!

Amy
10 years ago
Beverly Place - Kitchen · More Info

Comments (4)

• mandy530
    10 years ago
    Did you find out the wall color?
    I would like to know too
  • louisekalin
    10 years ago
    Can you tell me the counter top material?
  • PRO
    Studio Sarah Willmer Architecture
    10 years ago
    Sorry...I don't have info on the wall color...it was a verify in field moment. The countertop is honed basalt.
  • lisa huot
    7 years ago

The wall color looks different from photo to photo of the same kitchen so it might not look the color you think it does on your wall or your lighting based off the computer screen.

If you paint your cabinets this same color, the Pale Avocado has other paler colors on the same color swatch, the one at the very end is almost cream, it would look great on a wall with this color combination.

The walls look the color they do based on the cabinets around them and the lighting. the cabinets are Benjamin Moore's Stratton Blue (top) and Pale Avocado (bottom)

This is a great kitchen. It works because the lime (pale avocado) is separated by the grey countertop so it isn't in your face. The lime is on the bottom as well, rather than the top, so again it isn't right in your face. Plus, the top is a very popular color that is often used for cabinets. This is featured on

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/ideas/vintage-kitchen-gets-new-spirit

On slide 7 you will see that the walls are more of a creamy beige than they look in other photos. YOU MUST TRY THE COLORS IN YOUR OWN SPACE. lighting, size of space and openness will determine how all the colors actually look.

I have a kitchen that has a tall side cabinet so I can't use this as the lime is in your face. Trust me, I did try it by painting large samples of cardboard an putting them up. It looks awful in my space, but it is a very nice combination. I am just repainting old cabinets, and IKEA has laminate countertops that look like either wood or poured concrete. The wood veneer ones they have would almost have to be protected with Waterlox.

if you are keen on this, it is a great color combination for the right space, and you can do this as a remodel for next to nothing if you are just trying to freshen up an old space on a tight budget.

I am in downtown Washington DC, not CA, so I also don't have the sun all day. again you must look at how all the colors in your room play off each other along with the lighting.

I work in an office all day, I am just working on my kitchen as a side project. my kitchen will have to be boring as I have extreme limitations on the size and amount of natural light as well as how it combines with the rest of the house, but this kitchen really looks nice together.

Sarah, the architect firm, did a fantastic job. Every DYI person who sees this is thinking we need to just paint our old cabinets like that!