0

Please vote on painting cabinets white. Yes or no

Tricia Foley

Considering hiring a pro to paint my cabinets “ simply white” by Ben Moore. I would also update the countertop and backsplash. The kitchen doesn’t seem to “match” or flow well with the dining room space. I love my dining room currently. I’m planning on replacing my breakfast bar with an island And expanding my kitchen by removing the adjoining pantry wall ( attaches to current bar)

Yes white cabs; dark gray island light granite top
No keep cabs the same color, white top, light or white backsplash

• Homebody

They look like they r in good shape.

But yes I can see they would look totally new n fresh if u painted them. Good luck. :)

• Tricia Foley

Thank you for your feedback

• lulu bella

Trying to vote- and it just says submitting your vote on both options.

• Tricia Foley

not sure why? How would you vote ?

• lulu bella

I originally would have voted NOT to paint, but changed my vote to YES paint, and it did go through :)

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri

I wouldn’t. I’d change out that backsplash and countertop though. And if you’re feeling rich, the black appliances too.

• spatialthinking

I agree with the above comment - keep the cabinets, swap the rest - maybe swap the cabinet hardware for something darker? Not sure I love the dark, thin, long backsplash tile with the large, lighter, square floor tiles. I'd also consider warming up the dining room with an area rug.

Norwood Architects

I vote yes for painting cabinets. Would also suggest taking them all the way to the ceiling as it seems now there is just a sliver of open space. Might be able to do that by adding crown moulding at the top depending on how much space is really there (hard to tell from photo). A definite yes to replacing countertops and backsplash. Overall the kitchen seems dark even though the cabinets are light colored. Good luck!

Tricia Foley thanked Norwood Architects
  • sloyder

I would do the crown molding treatment for the cabinet, and change out the dark appliances.

Tricia Foley thanked sloyder
  • cat_ky

I would keep the cabinets the way they are. They look to be in excellent condition, I love black appliances though, and dislike stainless, so I would be keeping the appliances. You could definitely use some updated nicer hardware on the cabinets. The backsplash looks nice, but, I would probably replace the outdated countertops. You have a very nice kitchen, and looks well maintained and clean.

Tricia Foley thanked cat_ky
  • spatialthinking

The problem you are seeing is that you have a bright room (bright cabinets, floor) with a dark backsplash and dark appliances so the darkness in the center is directing your eyes to it, sucking you in visually. The other problem is that dark colors have visual "weight" so it feels unbalanced that the floor is lighter than the backsplash.

• Tricia Foley

I have decided to paint the cabinets and replace the countertop and knock down my pantry wall... here is the progress

• weezel

I love it when people post what they decided and come back with pictures! Thank you! I would've voted to paint them white. ;)

Tricia Foley thanked weezel
  • bikertoni
    Can’t wait to see final pictures. Thanks for sharing
  • lulu bella

Wow!! Yes please come back and post the progress.

• Tricia Foley

I think I may go with this backsplash or possibly the same colors in a herringbone pattern... the new countertop will be piatra gray by caesarstone!