Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_284686886

Bedroom with off center windows and alot of blank wall space

Susan Williams
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This bedroom needs something, but what?

1. Ceiling Fan: does it need to be replaced? I am considering a retractable chandalier ceiling fan. Is this "too much"

2. Rug- I am considering gray/cream leopard print. What size? Does it go under the bed and stick out a little? I have not had one because of my severe allergies but I am learning the room needs a rug regardless.

3. What over the bed? Sconces? Picture? another mirror? It is a queen size bed. In general, I am not a fan of random, store-bought "art" pictures, portraits and photos. I prefer mirrors but I know I shouldn't have too many mirrors in the room.

* Do I need new bedding?

4. I am going to put a large gold mirror over the dresser. What shape is best? How wide and tall should the mirror be? The dresser is 75 in. wide. Do the lamps need to be taller?

5. Night Stands- do they need to be smaller/ narrower? taller? these ok? What is the rule of thumb for how tall nightstands should be.. or is there such a thing? I was looking at some nightstands with an "x" shape for the legs and a square or circular top.

6. Paint: does this room need to be painted? If so, I have no idea where to start, other than to hire a painter. But I don't know what color to use....The wallpaper (on the one wall only) is gold metallic and white (but doesn't show up too good in the picture)

7. What, if anything, needs to go between the bathroom and the closet door?

8. Does this room need window treatments? If so, how long should they be? What color? Solid or pattern?

Why does this room look so plain? It is a very small room and I can't put any more furniture in there.

I know I need to add some plants.

9. There is no electrical outlet behind the bed. Have no idea why. There are outlets on all the other walls. Is this something easily added?

This bedroom layout is nearly impossible to work with!

Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)