Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_688718149

Please help! I was hoping to get some great ideas!!

K Collins
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I’m having trouble finding something to put on the wall above the bar. I have a small picture there now but I think I need to get rid of that and get one large “something” to put there! I’m open To any and all ideas!! Thank you!

Comments (33)

• felizlady
    5 years ago
    A tall, narrow painting could work.
    K Collins thanked felizlady
  • PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

K Collins thanked RL Relocation LLC
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 years ago

"Something" 30 inches wide / 42 inches tall. You need to select it hon. But that's your best size:)

K Collins thanked JAN MOYER
  • gigirambles
    5 years ago

What a lovely home, you have! I like RL Relocation's idea something wider to fill the space.

K Collins thanked gigirambles
  • Horizons
    5 years ago
    Take your larger artwork (collection of wine labels?) that is to the right and see how it looks in the space. If it seems to fit then you’ll know what size/shape to shop for.
    K Collins thanked Horizons
  • Aphaea
    5 years ago

Look for a piece of art you love! Are you familiar with UNSPLASH? It's a site where photographers upload and give away for free their work. The images are copyright free and very high quality so you can have them made in nearly any size by one of the many online services. You can spend hours there so it's a good idea to narrow down your selection, whether it be a place, color, theme, etc.

K Collins thanked Aphaea
  • AC LB
    5 years ago
    Bessie the cow would look great!
    K Collins thanked AC LB
  • K Collins
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I ❤️ Bessie. However, my living room is all open. I’m not sure how she would look with the living room all tied together! Thank you!!

• K Collins
    Original Author
    5 years ago

RL I love the shelving. I had not even considered that! Thank you!!

• partim
    5 years ago

I have curtains on my French doors because I don't like the "black hole" effect at night. They take up a fair bit of room on either side. If you are planning on adding curtains, take that into account before you decide on a larger piece. The one you have might be good.

• K Collins
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I’m not putting Curtains on my French doors. I love all the light that comes through during the day it’s very private out back so I decided to leave it!

• tedbixby
    5 years ago

This looks like a great space for a special piece of art work. Hopefully, you have great art shows in your area or near-by where you can find something that sings to you and you can directly talk to the artist and find out the story behind it. You have a lovely home and having those special found art pieces should be part of your story... not something mass produced.

K Collins thanked tedbixby
  • leelee
    5 years ago

I love the look of framed vintage food or wine posters for the kitchen. So colorful and fun.

A little color would really help your room.

• leelee
    5 years ago

• battie
    5 years ago
    I think you want to fill the entire wall space with either a much larger art piece or a collage of items. The collage could include shelving and a big round clock and other smaller prints.
    K Collins thanked battie
  • K Collins
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I do need color in here!! I’m going out shopping today! I’ll post if I find something! I love all these ideas that’s the problem!!

• PRO
    Derek Tarr Photography
    5 years ago

I agree about using a large colorful piece of artwork. I tried mocking up a few tall pieces but personally preferred a wider piece (or a collage). Here are a few examples of larger wide pieces with color.

Oh, and about the shelves, if you go that route be careful not to cramp the seating space of the bar chair on the right =)

Fog and Mountains near Blackjack

Turtle on the Reef

Green Storm Wave

Shy Clownfish

K Collins thanked Derek Tarr Photography
  • Norma Sassone
    5 years ago

I think one of those huge clocks would look great, either in the rustic wood, or maybe a metal one with Roman numerals.

• hollybar
    5 years ago

Large,wide piece of art,art ledge or shelves. (you might want to take a look at Juniper Print Shop) Be careful to make sure you allow enough space for the person sitting on the closest to wall stool.

• PRO
    Barbara Brown Interiors, Inc.
    5 years ago

Great looking home! I would measure the area, take them with you when you shop.....check out antique shops, vintage sales, wherever you like to shop, and find something unique. Architectural piece, large sconce, You could also use an artsy black and white photo. Good luck!

• Hansen
    5 years ago

wine accessories

K Collins thanked Hansen
  • KK1000
    5 years ago
    Google colourful wall clocks
    K Collins thanked KK1000
  • PRO
    Scott Hall Remodeling
    5 years ago

What about something like this?

Hand Painted Family Tree Mural · More Info

K Collins thanked Scott Hall Remodeling
  • PRO
    Scott Hall Remodeling
    5 years ago

Or something like this?

Hallway · More Info

K Collins thanked Scott Hall Remodeling
  • Erin Behrmann
    5 years ago

Do you have kiddos? could try a large white frame, then arrange/showcase kids artwork in there. you can keep moving items in and out of the frame.

K Collins thanked Erin Behrmann
  • K Collins
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you all again so much!! All the ideas are lovely! I’m going to post a photo soon!!

• PRO
    Scott Hall Remodeling
    5 years ago

Awesome!

• Jill Alde
    5 years ago

Clean, simple and rustic clock to bring in grays, black, brown, cream. These are 36". There are alot out there to choose from. I have a hard time finding art that I don't eventually tire of. I would stear away from anything that competes with the picture you have hangng on other side if you love that picture. Many are over the large clock look, but if you find the right one, it can add architectural interest.

• Jill Alde
    5 years ago

If you prefer art, here are some ideas.

• Aphaea
    5 years ago

You may also want to check out the metal wall art (https://www.wayfair.com/decor-pillows/sb0/metal-wall-art-c416785.html?&experiencetype=1) at Wayfair. (There are more than 9,000 pieces.) There is a lot of word art, which I personally do not like, but I did buy this in the All My Walls section, and I love it; I see it is now out of stock, however: https://www.wayfair.com/decor-pillows/pdp/all-my-walls-emerald-glow-by-megan-duncanson-4-piece-graphic-art-plaque-set-myw1220.html?&experiencetype=1

• Jill Alde
    5 years ago

size is 40 x 40

• PRO
    Lion Windows and Doors
    5 years ago

Love the idea of framed wine/food posters!