0

D daylilies 2019

sherrygirl zone5 N il

This is easy for me, I only Have a few.

Daring Decption was purchased ar an end of the season sale, we shall see.......

This poly was the only photo I took of Destined to See.

Sherry

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

I have very few as usual Sherry!

Destined to See

Double River Wye - terrible pic of a real beauty.

dumortieri

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • AaronK79

Delicate Design

Destined to See

Diviner's Handbook

Dover Plantation

Dragon Dreams

Dragon's Orb

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked AaronK79
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Dragon Dreams caught my eye!

Sherry

• Brad KY 6b

Aaron, Diviner's Handbook really caught my eye!

Dick Bennett, a new one this year.

Do the Twist, interesting color combo and form.

Daveo Holeman has been relegated to a spot all by itself next to the curb next to the trash can! It is so short this may be the only way to see it. And if it fails, good bye. But it is pretty enough I just couldn't throw it out.

That's all of the Ds

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • signet_gw(6b)

Just a few of my D's.

Daring Deception

Dashing Prince

Dublin Elaine

Doc Branch

Dallas Star

Diabolique

Dancing Summerbird

Dream Catcher

Dean Corey

• celeste

This isn't a daylily but it does start with 'D' as in Darling New Grandbaby! This is my 8th grandbaby, Madison Grace, born 1/3/19 and coming a month early. She weighs 5 pounds and 3 ounces. I drove my daughter to the hospital at 3 a.m. in a snowstorm.....the baby arrived 12 minutes after I wheeled her into the emergency room in a wheelchair! She has blonde hair like her mom and I. She is sweet as can be.

Now for the daylilies...…

DANCING ON ICE

DOUG MARQUIS

DRAGON KING

DESIREE

DIANA GRENFELL

DESERT ICICLE

DR. JULES MICHAEL VINKMAN

DANCING IN THE SUNLIGHT

DAVEY JONES LOCKER

MORE TO FOLLOW.....

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

More 'D's.....

DESTINED TO SEE

DIVINE ORDER

DRAGON'S EYE

DIVINE INSPIRATION

DANCE WITHOUT PANTS

DREAM SEQUENCE

DELTA'S DREAM

DREAMING OF RAINBOWS

DAVEO HOLMAN

DREAMS OF HEAVEN

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

You are right Celeste, that is the absolute best flower photo ever!

sherry

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Celeste: I have always had a fondness for the name Grace. And one of God's special Graces is that beautiful little girl with all the baby duck fuzz hair. Precious..........For some reason I've never had a lot of "D" daylilies and none now that I've had to cut back. So I will sit back and enjoy everyone elses........Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • celeste

Thank you Sherry and Maryl. I am over the moon with how darling she is! Maryl, she was named after my other daughter who is Grace Marie. Back 35 years ago, Grace wasn't a common name but now I see it's in the top ten. We had 5 boys in a row until we finally got a girl in 2017, had another boy in 2018 and now another girl. So I have 6 boys and 2 girls and I am a blessed grammy. I am very hands-on.....I am helping raise 3 of them.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • Brad KY 6b

Congratulations Celeste! And oh yeah, the daylilies look nice too!

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Celeste, what a precious baby! I'm glad you made it to the hospital on time. I bet that was a stressful journey.

I just have a few D's to post.

Dave Chase Golden Glow is new to the garden and you can bet it is going to be a favorite.

I keep posting Daddy's Heart. I can't say enough good things about this one. It's a small flower but a great performer here.

Deadliest Catch was small when we got it, but it is doing nicely.

Destined to See is one of my favorites.

Duck's Dark Side has been slow to get started.

This is one that Bob picked. You can probably tell by the blend of colors that this is a Klehm.

That's all for me.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • signet_gw(6b)

Oooh Celeste , I want a something that starts with D too. Can't get my boys to cooperate though. I will just have enjoy looking at your pic of your new granddaughter .....probably the closest I will get to a lovely new baby. Congrats and I hope your heart has stopped racing as I am sure that trip to the hospital must have been nerve wracking . So glad it all worked out in the end. One question , did your daughter suffer with indigestion through her pregnancy . I am looking at Madison's full head of hair . I have been told that if the mother has indigestion throughout the pregnancy, the baby will be born with lots of hair. I have no clue if this is an old wives tale or not so just thought I would ask . Again many congrats on your new family addition.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • lilykate7a

So many lovelies here but must agree the sweet baby takes the prize! So, you drove and you wheeled with that shoulder? Bless you! My sister has a granddaughter named Madison Grace and is called MadiGrace. Hope all are well, including you!

Kate

• celeste

Thanks Brad, Nancy, Signet and lilykate! Signet, YES....Tiffany did suffer from indigestion quite badly and strangely enough, she had a craving for dirt. (She never ate it, just craved it.... here in NH in January all dirt is frozen solid anyway....lol). She never had indigestion or pica with her first baby and he was a baldy. This little one is the first and only grandbaby with a full head of hair. The other 7 had very little, just peach fuzz. So maybe there's something to that old wives tale?

Kate, yes I had to get her into the wheelchair from the car because she couldn't even stand up and I pushed her at a gallop to get her inside. My shoulder has been acting up all winter and limiting what I can do but when this happened I was in 'mom' mode and did what I had to do. I was surprised at my composure through all of this. She called me at 2:00 a.m. and said her water broke so I had to jump in the car in my bedclothes and get her and her son (who live in the opposite direction from me and the hospital) and drive through the snow to the hospital which is 40 minutes away. That was a white-knuckled ride! It was literally 12 minutes from the time I got her out of the car to when the baby arrived. It was like something out of a movie....lol. (The dad and her don't live together so I was her birth coach). Super Grammy to the rescue!

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • tarheelgirl_7b

Celeste, congratulations on your beautiful Granddaughter! Glad you all made it safely to the hospital!

Here are photos of my D daylilies:

DIAMOND DUSTED BORDERS

DAINTY EYES

DUBLIN ELAINE

DESPERADO LOVE

DEAN COREY

More to follow...

Lori

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked tarheelgirl_7b
  • tarheelgirl_7b

DRAGON PINATA

DANCING SHIVA - blooms well in my garden

DANCE AGAIN - added late last June. I was inspired by Debra’s photos of this one.

DEEP IMPACT - early morning photo. This one bloomed well last year, its second year. One of my favorites.

DR. JULES MICHAEL VINKMAN - I added this one in Fall 2017 and was very excited to see it bloom last year. Such a pretty bloom.

Thanks for looking!

Lori

• daylilybedmaker

Here are the D's that I grow:

DANCING WITH GIRAFFES: First year blooming. Nice and tall.

DANCING WITH LINDA: A wonderful Tet looking Dip

DESIRE OF NATIONS: Slow to increase

DRACULA

DRAGON FANG

That's all for me.

David Zone 5

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • shive

Celeste - That Darling New Grandbaby is my favorite D so far!

Dearest Valentine

Dancing Flamingo

Divas in Diamonds

Dena Marie's Sister

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Debra, It’s great to see your Dearest Valentine, it’s a favorite! Dancing a Flamingo really caught my eye today. Are you using it for crosses?

Sherry

• shive

Sherry - Yes, I have several seedlings from Dancing Flamingo, and lots more seeds I haven't planted from it yet.

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • shive

Here are a few more D's I found:

Dragonfly Dawn

Dancing Summerbird

Dr. Jules Vinkman

Dance Again

Desperado Love

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Brad KY 6b

Debra, I really like Dancing Flamingo, Dearest Valentine, and Dena Marie's Sister.

• signet_gw(6b)

Ok updating my d's now

Datebook

Dream Catcher

Double River Wye

Dark Star

Drums along the Mohawk

Doc Branch

Double Cutie

Days of Wine

Dancing Summerbird

Edited to add :

Dancing with Sharks

Double Dippity Do

• Nancy

I could add several to this list of favorite on the page, but here are some-Destined to See, Dragon Dreams, Do the Twist, Dream Sequence, Desert Icicle, Daddy's Heart, Desperado Love, Deep Impact, Dancing with Giraffes, Dearest Valentine=such a beautiful flower, Dancing Flamingo, Dragonfly Dawn, Datebook

My D daylilies:De Colores

Delia O'Bryan Brown

Delimma

Diana Grenfell, a little blurry

Dixie Stampede

Donna Jack

Don Diego, the fiery one that I can not get the true color, this was the best I could do

Discarded Beauty with Hush Little Babe behind it

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy