zach90z

Bluestar 36in Rangetop Non Combustible Wall Help

So I'm trying to figure out how much of the wall needs to be non-combustible. From the Bluestar manual they state.

"If you are using an island trim or grate height trim, a six inch clearance between the back of the rangetop and a combustible surface is required. If an island trim is to be used without this six inch clearance, the back wall must be constructed using non-combustible and heat resistant materials that extend below the top surface of the range a minimum of six inches."

I have called Bluestar and was told that cement board and tile was all I need but from much of my research I don't believe that to be the case.

The wall that this rangetop will go up against has 2x6 wood studs. I'm trying to figure out the best way to make the wall non-combustible. Any help would be much appreciated.