Your shopping cart is empty.

Alocasia Polly (Elephant Ear plant) drooping 2 leaves turning yellow

Jacqui
January 10, 2019
last modified: January 10, 2019

Seeking advice! I'm completely new to this type of plant and reading online hasn't helped much. Would really appreciate some advice:

I picked up this Alocasia just over a month ago and it has seemed happy until this week... 2 of it's smaller, lower leaves started to droop and wouldn't prick up again with some water. New development this morning, both of the droopy leaves are going yellow :(

--------------------------------------------------------------

***before they turned yellow**:

I suspected it was thirsty since I read that's a major indicator for droopy leaves on this type of plant. I hadn't watered it since purchase so this was my first watering, didn't seem to help. (Using my soil moisture gauge it was still showing suitable moisture levels from time of purchase)

I assumed the watering would help (at all?) but it didn't.

No other signs of injury or stress on the plant... no visible pests, and I did dig around the soil for any suckers trying to hide.

Comments (4)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱

Well, they do need more water than once a month. What kind of light and temps is/was it exposed to?

tj

• Gudang TropEq

This fast growing plant not keep it's leaves for long. Leaves come n go rapidly. No problem with those drooping leaves. The problem is if it doesn't produce new leaves after a while.

• Karen S. (7b, NYC)

Pls see related conversation, let's see if I can provide a link to it:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5583066/alocasia-amazonica-polly-advice-please#n=4

• Paul MI

Looks like older leaves dying off. No biggie. However, these plants don't typically carry a lot of leaves per stem to begin with ... particularly when grown indoors. They like it hot and bright. Avoid direct, hot afternoon sun.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).