0

Need trim color for carport

rmchurt

I’m looking for a trim color for the new carport. The posts are cedar, and will be clear coated to enhance the natural color. The roof is charcoal, but looks black to me. The only paint will be the trim, and underneath where the plywood is exposed. What color would you suggest?

Also, the adjacent house is pink brick with white trim. I would like to paint the trim in some color to help minimize the pinkness! I think it would look nice to have the carport trim color and house trim color be the same, if I can find something that complements both.

Ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

BeverlyFLADeziner

No paint unless you plan to scrape and repaint from time to time.

Stain it . The stain can be sprayed on if you have skilled painters.

The selection should be coordinated with your home colors.

Here is a taupe stain

rmchurt thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • ryburns26

Dark stain! No question. SW or Sikkens.

rmchurt thanked ryburns26
  • Bette P

Add a photo of the adjacent home so we can see the brick. Here are two examples of trim that is not white on brick houses. Taupe or grey would lessen the contrast and help to enhance the brick. Sometimes the mortar color works.

Ella Lee Residence · More Info

Century Home · More Info

rmchurt thanked Bette P
  • rmchurt

I like the idea of taupe. Here are pictures of the house and up close of the brick. We will be replacing the roof this year, and will go with the charcoal shingles, like we had installed on the carport. Thank you for your help!

• Bette P
    Are you painting the windows too?
    rmchurt thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • rmchurt

No, unfortunately the windows will have to stay white. They were expensive, and my husband doesn’t want them touched.

• rmchurt

I’m considering SW Keystone Gray for the house trim color. Am I on the right track?