0
wendy_garrity

Delta 1959LF being used as a Reverse Osmosis (RO) faucet

Wendy Garrity
last modified: January 11, 2019

I would like to use the Delta 1959LF as a Reverse Osmosis (RO) faucet. Can someone tell me why this is a bad idea? I don't understand why I could use this faucet with a water purifier but not with a reverse osmosis system. And what would happen if I did use it with the RO system?? Nothing matches the 9159 Trinsic kitchen faucet in the champagne bronze and this looks great with it. I don't know what else to do!

• Heather N

I believe that the inside of the faucet needs to be lined with plastic and not metal to be compatible with reverse osmosis filters. Water purifier and reverse osmosis are completely different ways of filtering water and the RO water can eat away at certain metals. Take a look at Waterstone faucets - most of their faucets can be made in 31 different colors and they are RO compatible

• Wendy Garrity

Thank you Heather. I ended up ordering a Mountain Plumbing faucet in the exact delta champagne bronze color. It was incredibly expensive but at least its an exact match and it is RO compatible. Thanks for the info!

• Heather N

Glad you found what you needed!!