0
Find the right pro for your project

Off topic A.R.E.

biff72

I'm curious if anyone has noticed anything strange with the antique Rose's emporium site? Just lately it started popping up with access denied and then today said I needed a password to enter the site?? Thanks all

• sara_ann-z6bok

The same thing happened to me today when I attempted to go to their site.

• Rosylady (PNW zone 8)

It just happened to me too.

• Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

Hm same here ..

• jerijen

Mike Shoup posted to FB that "it" will be fixed soon. Bet he meant the website. There is so much bad weather across the country, I'm not surprised.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

I was there yesterday and it worked perfectly, but now I'm getting that same message. Thank you, Jeri, for letting us know what's going on.

• Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    Website is still down as I try to check it this morning. I wonder if the system crashed. I wanted to see if they had more stock as Valentine is approaching next month. I hope they fixed it soon. If anyone sees the web up first, pls holler.
    jin
  • sara_ann-z6bok

I called them this afternoon, the young lady I talked to said their website is supposed to be back up tomorrow. I hope she’s correct.

• sara_ann-z6bok

Disappointing!

• sara_ann-z6bok

The website is back up, apparently they were rebuilding it.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Yes, it now has a different format, rather interesting, still looking at everything.

• Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    I am enjoying this. I am glad most roses are not out of stock just a small hand full. Is it me or ARE added new roses to there list ? But I am enjoying their new web :)
    jin
  • Rosylady (PNW zone 8)

I love this new website!

• Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

I agree the site looks so nice !! Much better than before. My only concern .. and it would be for someone new to roses who would not know .. but some colors seem enhanced or too strong for what they really are . Does anyone else agree ? I love ARE so I say it with utmost respect.

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR

I noted some photos not being as attractive as the real flowers too, Lily. I also note that with High Country Roses website photos. If one looks at HMF for more photos, one could get a better idea of the plant's potential. I take better photos of some of these roses than the sellers do, which is wrong. If Ingrid took these companies rose photos their sales would triple. I love ARE and HCRs. Their plants are better than some of these photos for sure.

• vaporvac

I agree. It's especially noticeable with their paper catalogues. I've often thought they could use a new printer as sometimes the pics are completely blurry.

• Rosylady (PNW zone 8)

Lilyfinch...I completely agree with you. I love the fact that the pictures are bigger and better than the previous website, but they did look "enhanced" which is too bad.

• vaporvac

OK, not to be contrary, but they did change one thing to one of my biggest pet peeves. It annoys me so much, I don't even look at some vendors roses. They now have pages with no option to list ALL roses or even a certain number per page. At least say what letters are on what pages so one doesn't have to guess. This is a total waste of time when trying to compare roses easily or quickly seeing what's on offer, especially with older computers. Granted I hate the endless scrolling with the new Houzz phone posts as it take forever to find something, but this is different as it's a finite number of roses, not hundreds of pages. WHY?

They also seem to have eliminated the very useful Shade Tolerant category, cold Hardy (yes, I see they have zones) and the In stock roses. It was also very convenient going directly to the categories from the home page rather that have to open another page. My computer is so slow on the site now. Oh well.