0

A Few Roses Indoors

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

I've decided to cut the few and far between roses because the rose garden is too meh for me to linger. I cut the buds as soon as I discover them and think they are mature enough to open. The glass of Mme. Lambard was taken over a period of days, and I actually didn't think to take its picture until the third day. The roses are lasting well during this cloudy and rainy period, indoors and out.

day 3 (in two different locations)

day 4

day 5, with no appreciable change from day 4. On day 6 or 7 it dropped its petals

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

A different bouquet after Mme. Lambard gave up the ghost.

This bouquet also went walkabout since I can never decide immediately where the flowers should go. We have Mrs. B.R, Cant, SdlM and Mme. de Sombreuil
    Not a rose by any means, but I received this little early 19th century statue of Guanyin, the goddess of mercy, and must show it to someone!
    I took her outside to try for clearer pictures, but it's cloudy and blustery so that didn't help.

• lisa hallinan

Oh my, so beautiful! Another rose I must have!

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked lisa hallinan
  • vaporvac

Everything is so pretty! and exquisite in its detail ... your new goddess included. I'm also especially loving the reclining figure on your coffee table and the big cat with the crocodile. AND.... I love you wall treatment! Is that a stencil? If so what did you use? It really accentuates the delicacy of your figurines.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked vaporvac
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Thank you, Lisa and vaporvac. Mme. Lambard has been a good rose for me. I have two bushes and she appears to also appreciate a more shaded position in a trying climate like mine. The golden decoration on the wall is me walking around with a paintbrush and some gold paint, which is why it's so "informal-looking". An artist I'm not, just someone who admires works of art by others. The jaguar and gavial (a small type of crocodile) sculpture is a replica of a 19th-century piece by the French artist, Antoine-Louis Barye.

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL

Gorgeous bouquets! ML has such a lovely form. She reminds me of icing roses. And your decor is just so elegant and chic! :-)

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
  • Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR

Oh how exquisite! I know vapor already said this, but these photos are amazing. I also think we all could use a little mercy right now Ingrid. I love your goddess and living room too.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • sara_ann-z6bok

Beautiful roses, Ingrid, love your Mme Lambard, and the assorted ones are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked sara_ann-z6bok
  • Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    Ingrid, I also love your roses. Everything in your house looks beautiful and perfect. Love the colours of your Goddess of Mercy. Very nice collection. I am so glad you show her to us.
    jin
    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • Krista_5NY

Wow, the roses look divine, love the different shades of pink. Glad to hear that you are having rainy weather, Ingrid.

The porcelain goddess is lovely, thanks for posting a picture of her. The green plants at the base are a beautiful addition to the figurine, also the flowers or petals... she coordinates well with the birds and bowl in the background.

Jaguars are amazing felines, adept in the water...

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Krista_5NY
  • mariannese

You're all usurping the word exquisite before I had a chance to use it! It best describes the roses and the goddess as well as all Ingrid's china.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked mariannese
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Thank you so much for your lovely comments; you've overwhelmed me with all your kind words. It's a pleasure to share my home and roses with such an appreciative audience. The garden right now is cold and drab, but I'm hoping that the rain we're having will help to bring forth a beautiful and flowery spring. (Bunnies, stay away!!!).

I couldn't resist one more picture since I just bought the console under the paintings. I know I've mentioned before that Cecil is the artist of the painting of the young girl and two others there, and the drawing on the lower right of my beloved dog, Nellie.

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR

How lovely. Great console and art. So interesting.

• Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)

Cecil is a great Artist . Love the painting of that girl. Absolutely stunning ! Is the girl by any chance it's you or just a random drawin ? She is definitely the main focal point above the console. Great job , Cecil !
    I see your dog, Nellie as well. Cecil is very talented for sure. :)
    jin

• Krista_5NY

I agree with Jin, Cecil is a gifted artist. Interestingly enough, the girl in the portrait bears some resemblance to relatives on my mother's side of the family; the flowers in her hand are a nice touch.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Cecil thanks you all; it's actually a painting based on a van Gogh original. You're all so kind.

• vaporvac

We are just being honest! I hope he gets time to paint. P.S. The console is an outstanding addition that really sets off the painting and bibelots. What was there before? As my BF from KY likes to say., "It looks like it growed there!" LOL! ; )

• Rosylady (PNW zone 8)

Ingrid....it's pictures like the ones of your vaseful of tea roses that made me want to plant Teas in my garden. I love the scrolled edges and just the all around elegance of this class of roses.

You house is so pretty, and your roses go beautifully with your antique porcelains. You have the perfect setting for displaying old roses :)

• Rosylady (PNW zone 8)

vaprovac: bibelots? Are you a Mapp and Lucia fan?!