0

I daylilies 2019

sherrygirl zone5 N il

Only a few ”I” daylilies here. Just a small reminder about the rest of the alphabet: S will be divided into four groups, so be ready for that. There will be a post for noids (no identification) after Z, then a post for daylilies that will be registered this season, no names will be included on this post, you can tell us when it’s registered. We don’t want any names “stolen”.

Indian Giver got moved to a better spot after blooming.

Ice Carnival has been in the garden for a long time, does well year after year. It was my only white until last season.

Itza Pink Teddy was a bonus plant a few years ago. It’s done well here, last season was it’s best despite the wonky weather. It will stay!

Sherry

• daylilybedmaker

Here are the Is that I grow:

Imperial Decree: This is an outstanding John Benz intro. Well branched and budded. Fertile both ways. Holds up well in full sun.

INCA PUZZLE: Nice lavender. One of the few Petit's that generally blooms above the foliage.

Isabelle Rose: Fantastic plant. Tall scapes.

INCENDIARY: Blooms much shorter than registered. A front of the border plant.

Inquire Within. I love the eye on this one. The edge has some of the color from eye.

That is all for me.

David

Zone 5

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • signet_gw(6b)

Inwood

Icecap

Indian Giver

It is Finished

Ice Carnival

That's all for tonight . Will add more if I can find them tomorrow.

Edited to add:

Ida's Magic

Integrated Logistics

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • celeste

Mostly repeats of what's been posted but here are mine:

IN HIGH REGARD

IRVING SHULMAN

INQUIRE WITHIN

ICE CARNIVAL

INCENDIARY

INNER VISION

INWOOD

I'M GONNA LOVE YOU THROUGH IT

INDIAN GIVER

This is NOT mine but I saw it growing at Harmon Hill Farm back in July. IGOR F. PALACIOUS, M.D.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

And one more that I couldn't fit in my previous post.....INHERITED WEALTH

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • AaronK79

Indian Ripple

Indy Charmer

Island Romance

Island Sand Dollar

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked AaronK79
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Celeste, Incendiary is a beauty, I remember it from past seasons. Igor from Harmon Hill farms is gorgeous, I hope you are adding it.

Sherry

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Aaron, such lovely blooms! Indian Ripple is an eye catcher.

Sherry

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

I have just daylilies beginning with I to show.

Here are two blooms of I Don't Kid with Purple Maze in the background.

I'm a King Bee was a bonus plant. It has large flowers.

Impressionist Sky is also a big flower.

Here's It's Miller Time as a poly.

That's all for me.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • Brad KY 6b

Ice Carnival is a good bloomer.

Impetuosity is a so/so bloomer, bare minimum buds to make it worth keeping. If I ever find a similar flower [red with dark red eye] I will probably replace it.

Impetuous Fire is a double that doesn't so it remains here.

Indian Giver. What a popular flower!

Indy Phantom

Isolde is one of those which take more work than most. After a few years it won't bloom well unless split. Then it takes a couple of years to get back up to speed. If I didn't like it so much it would be gone.

That's all the I's

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • celeste

Sherry, I wanted a piece of Igor but it is only a 'display' daylily since Carl just got it. But hopefully it will become available in the future. It is quite stunning in person with that huge green throat.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Brad, consider Her Best Bloomers again for red with a red eye, I had it on my H post. The color is wonderful here, the eye looks great too. The blooms are 4” so not huge. I got it as a bonus and really love the color.

Sherry

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Such wonderful I's. I have Ikebana Star in a pot but apparently took no pic of it. I was hoping someone would show it

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • celeste

I found another photo of INCENDIARY. This daylily is wonderful in my zone 4 garden (unlike the other Maryott's I either grew and gave away, or still grow). The color is wonderful and the plant is one of my better performers, plus it blooms early and for a long time. It will always have a place in my garden.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • signet_gw(6b)

Celeste , The color on Incendiary is so intense. Just lovely. I had to look this one up as I hadn't heard of it but many of the images don't match yours on National Gardening site . I hate when that happens because it is hard to figure out just which are the real images of the original plant. Maybe all the faces shown are the same plant but how can they be so different from each other .

Perenn.all I have never heard of Ikebana Star . I had to go look it up . Wow a really pretty double ...only downfall for me would be it's height. I do grow some short ones but I don't seek them out .

Brad , another you can consider to replace Impetuosity could be Dragon's Eye although you might see that one as an intense pink with a red eye . However Santa's Little Helper is definitely a red with a deeper red eye http://trimmerdaylily.com/cultivars/2008/santas_little_helper.htm

• shive

All the photos of Indian Giver really wow me!

Here are some of my I's:

Indian Ripple

In Search of Angels

Innocent Discovery

Inviting Romance

Insider Trading

Integrated Logistics

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Debra, I really like Innocent Discovery, a bitone and two shades of pink, pure heaven.

Signet, I fell in love with Incendiary last season and discovered the same info as you. Celeste’s color I feel would be superior to what I would have here. At the time everyone was sold out, so it ended there.

Sherry

• celeste

signet....Out of curiousity I went and looked up Incendiary on the database. I see what you mean about the photos. I recall reading on the website when I purchased Incendiary (from Bill Maryott) that he claimed it had 3 different 'looks' and that all images he showed were accurate, even though they all looked so different from each other. The pics I see on the database are representative of what I had seen on his website. Back then I didn't know which Incendiary I would get! I also see that in most of the photos people posted, it appears more reddish or wine colored than what I see in my garden. So I guess Incendiary presents it's face differently in different gardens!

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • signet_gw(6b)

Debra, oh boy Inviting Romance is soooo WOW ! I wonder how it would do in a zone 6

• celeste

I found a few more pics of Incendiary to show that my plant is set in it's ways. Even though Bill Maryott did say that it can change 'faces' from day to day on the same plant, this is what mine always looks like. I guess that explains why there are so many different pictures of it on the database. It is possible for it to have 3 different looks but mine is stable.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • lilykate7a

Celeste, I have Incendiary but it has always had just so-so color here. I would love it if the color were only half of what you have! It is such a mediocre lily that I don’t think I have ever photographed it except once to have it in my database. Yours is truly lovely!

Kate

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked lilykate7a
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Who would have thought there were so many wonderful 'I's" out there. Indian Giver looks so good for some people. It was one of my first daylilies and the color didn't hold up well in our sun. Sherry, that's an especially nice picture of it.............Celeste: I like the new daylily that Harmon's has, but is that really someone's name - Igor?...............Nancy: My wish list includes a daylily with the colors of I Don't Kid or Purple Maze that is colorfast in my heat. There aren't too many with that color combination to begin with and most of them I've heard about or seen fade too badly here. Lucky You with your cooler summers because both of yours are gorgeous...................Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • Brad KY 6b

Incendiary is very nice. I looked it up on Gardenweb and I see several different patterns. I can't help but wonder if, when he hybridized it he got several different looks and could have named them each differently.

I always like integrated Logistics, Debra.

• tarheelgirl_7b

Here are my “I” daylilies:

INCENDIARY

I’M A KING BEE

IMA BIGTIMER - added spring 2018, its second bloom in my garden.

I CAN’T STOP LOVING YOU - this one really came into its own last year. It is in full sun most of the day, so it does fade as the day progresses.

Thanks for looking!

Lori

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked tarheelgirl_7b
  • oursteelers 8B PNW

Tar heel girl, those are beautiful

You’ve done an excellent job photographing them, sometimes it’s so hard to capture the vibrant color!

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked oursteelers 8B PNW
  • tarheelgirl_7b

Thank you! I take all my pictures with my iPhone and do not do any editing, aside from occasional cropping. I also take a lot of my pictures early in the morning before I leave for work.

Lori

• Nancy

My favorite Is here are Indian Giver-I have tried this several times, it just does not like me. Also Inquire Within, Integrated Logistics, Indian Ripple, I don't Kid, and Inviting Romance.

My Incendiary, mine does have different looks, but nothing like you see on Maryotts old site. It does bloom well and I really enjoy it

I'm an Angel, was short the first few years I had it, I moved it and it is taller than the stats say it should be, and it has lots of buds each year

Inwood

Isaac has a very different form, and very simple but most years it seems to bloom all summer long.

Inherited Wealth

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • shive

signet - Inviting Romance doesn't even do well in Zone 7. It multiplies well but doesn't bloom on every fan. The scapes are much shorter than they are supposed to be. The flowers are really pretty though.

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive