Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_562011843

The toilet is in the way! please help me reorganize my masterbath

HU-562011843
5 years ago

Hi All,

We are building a home, i wanted a big dreamy masterbath with a vanitiy, bathtube, shower, etc...everything is all there, but the toilet is in the way. I tried to figure a way to hide this toilet somewhere but I couldn't figure it out. Our house is being built, so the plan is pretty fixed, however, the contractor said we can still move things around a little bit. So please help me, any advice is much appreciated.

Comments (11)

• Kim
    5 years ago

I also would turn the toilet to the right 45 degrees and place it where the linen closet is. You may still have enough room on the other side of the linen closet for open shelving. Is there a reason that you have 2 doors into the bathroom?

HU-562011843 thanked Kim
  • jpp221
    5 years ago
    What do those two doors open into, and do you really need both? There’s a lot in this room (2 sinks, separate tub and bath, lots of closets). The only “wasted” space seems to be that hallway or aisle in front of the closets. Unless you reclaim that (which likely means closing off one of the doorways) or remove one of the elements (such as one of the sinks), there may not be much opportunity for change.
    HU-562011843 thanked jpp221
  • roccouple
    5 years ago

The door to the shower seems small? I also would want my closets more separate from the bathroom. How do you change when someone is on the toilet? Maybe some are ok with 2 people in a bathroom but it’s not for everyone either.

id get a designer to totally reconfigure If it were mine, as the above are important to me. Good luck

HU-562011843 thanked roccouple
  • PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    5 years ago

IMO this design is not great. Where do those two doors lead and are they both necessary? Also that walk in closet is pretty small, you'd get way more space out of a reach in or built in one. The shower/bath area also looks pretty tight. I don't think you have room for the linen closet either. I think you're trying to fit too much into the space.

HU-562011843 thanked Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • felizlady
    5 years ago
    Put the bathroom door one wall further into the bathroom...you don’t want moisture to get into the closet and you won’t always remember to close the closet door. A good exhaust vent fan will help keep moisture under control.
    There is very little you can do about hiding a toilet without giving it it’s own little room. It will have to match the tile around it to sort-of disappear. Closing the toilet seat will help. I like the looks of Toto toilets...modern and sleek as toilets go, and they are very efficient at flushing without using gallons of water. Let’s just say they have a man-size flush system. A bit more expensive butt worth it...a little potty humor.
    HU-562011843 thanked felizlady
  • Karenseb
    5 years ago

If you can close up the bottom door, you will get more space for what you want.

I took a guess at dimensions and put the toilet in an alcove with storage at the end. You could remove the storage and add a door. I put the linen cabinet as you enter the room. I put a pocket door on your wider walk in closet.

HU-562011843 thanked Karenseb
  • shirlpp
    5 years ago

That linen closet is just in the wrong spot. Can you somehow put it on the wall across from the walk-in closet. It would be longer than wider.

HU-562011843 thanked shirlpp
  • HU-562011843
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you all for great advice! Sorry for the grammar- i tried to reread what i wrote and man, it was terrible. However, i'm glad ya'll understood what I was trying to say.

To answer your question: the bottom door leads to the hall way where our kids rooms are going to be, we thought opening up that door there would give us an easy assess to our kids room instead of going from our master bedroom. The door to the right leads to our master bedroom.

I guess we can get rid of the bottom door to make more room to our master bath.

It looks like we need a whole new design for our masterbath, if you got new plan, please share with me.

The dimension is 16 feet horizontally and 13 ' 6" vertically.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

"the bottom door leads to the hall way where our kids rooms are going to be, we thought opening up that door there would give us an easy assess to our kids room instead of going from our master bedroom "

You haven't been parents for long have you?!?!?!?! Sorry, just a little mommy humour to go with the potty humour above lol.

But seriously though you have to eliminate that door.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 years ago

Unless you and your spouse are on opposite work schedules, it might make more sense to put the door to the closet on the long wall. Your storage will be more versatile and more accessible.