Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_267523525

Succulent Help - Leaves look soggy

HU-267523525
5 years ago

For some reason, every time I buy plants like these, the leaves end up getting soggy and mushy and fall off. After many trial and error attempts, I cannot figure out what I am doing to kill these plants! I have had these for a month and a half (best guess) and have watered once or not at all. I had overwatered on my many trials before, so I tried to resist. I noticed the leaves have lost their color and started falling off rapidly. They sit on a well lit window sill and in a well draining pot with a cactus/succulent mix and perilite. I have bought many plants like these that have denser leaves that hold more water and have had terrible luck.

Does anyone have any ideas of why I kill these so often?

Any tips to help salvage what I have left?

The red leaves on this plant are what has begun to get mushy. The plant on the left has lost all its leaves in the same way. You can see the leaves I have collected on the towel.

Yellow leaves on these plants have begun the rotting process as well.

This large plant has lost a lot of the side leaves but seems well rooted in the soil. The more transparent leaves are beginning the same process described before. The smaller plant on the left is what the plants on the towel picture originally looked like. Not sure why that plant is surviving so well and the others are dying.

I will take any advice I can get! Tired of killing all my plants!

Comments (5)