0

J daylilies 2019

sherrygirl zone5 N il

I hope you have some photos for J daylilies, I have none!

Sherry

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Good morning Sherry. I am sure that won't last for too long, your collection has really grown.

Janice Brown - not at her best in the drought and excessive heat.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

I have just a few J's.

Janet's Magic is a good grower for us.

Jewel of Jewels is tender, but it managed to live over winter for three years. I keep it for breeding.

John Basilli is a southern daylily. I hope it likes our climate. I have lots of seeds with it as the pollen parent.

The name of this daylily says it all. It's Just Another and it is nothing special. It was a bonus plant.

Just Plain Bill is a striking flower, but it doesn't like where it is planted.

That's all for me.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Nancy, Just Plain Bill has been on my list for awhile, yours has a slightly different look. I still like it, it remains on my list. Any guesses why it doesn’t like its spot?

Sherry

• Brad KY 6b

Nancy, I really like John Basilli, Just Plain Bill, and Jewel of Jewels!

• Brad KY 6b

Jack Sprat

Joan Senior

Jolyene Nichole

Judge Roy Bean has flowers of all sizes and scapes of all heights. It really looks like a hanging affair.

Joan Derifield, such a great plant: reliable, lots of blooms, great color.

That's all for me.

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Brad, nice photos again. I think I remember you having Ice Carnival and I see you have Joan Senior too. Are then any big differences between the two? I have I e Carnival.i added Jolyene Nichole at the end of the season, no blooms but hoping mine looks as nice as yours, is it as short as the stats? That would be fine here.

Sherry

• daylilybedmaker

Here are the Js that I grow:

JAZZ ME BLUES: A Bud Bennett intro. It was rare to him to venture into the lavender/purple realm.

JELLYFISH JEALOUSY: An outstanding plant. Blooms for a long time. This one takes several years to settle in, but it is worth the wait.

JACK BE NIMBLE: Long bloomer that puts on a great show in the ML season.

JT DAVIS: Not a lot of buds, but the blooms are great.

Continued

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • daylilybedmaker

More

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis: This is a great plant. Thanks Mantis.

Jamaican Midnight: One of the blackest ones in the morning. This is a picture later in the day.

Janet Benz: A great pink one from John Benz.

Janet Grebus Murphy: I love the edge no eye look. It is out of Beautiful Edgings.

Jay Farquhar: I loved this plant but it did not love Zone 5. I sent it south last summer.

Jerry Hyatt: This is a fantastic plant. One that I will always grow. Long bloom period, with 4-5 way branching. It is fertile both ways. This is not the best picture, but it does hold up in the sun.

Jubilee Ball: One of my favorite Bennett intros. It is also one of his taller ones that I grow. I love the white midrib. The blooms also face outward and not up at the sky.

JUNGLE BEAUTY: This is another dark one. This one retains the dark color throughout the day.

That is it for me.

David Zone 5

• Brad KY 6b

Thanks Sherry, Joan Sr is mid season, Ice Carnival is late. Joan is my whitest, a little bit whiter that IC. By having both I have 2 good whites in 2 seasons, though Joan sometimes blooms long enough to overlap. Also very white is Radiant Moonbeam, which blooms a little ahead of Joan. I also have a Viette Seedling which is very late, so I'm covered with a nice white most of the summer.

• celeste

David, I like Jubilee Ball a lot. I also agree on Jerry Hyatt being wonderful as well as Jay Farquhar needing to retire to a warmer climate. Mine didn't even bloom in 2018 and keeps dwindling. I need to find it a new home, which is a shame because it is a lovely flower.

Here are mine:

JELLY ROLL MORTON

Brand-new for me in 2018 and I LOVE it!

another shot:

JASON MARK

JODY ANN

JEWEL OF THE OASIS

Another one that is new in 2018 and the color is amazing!

JEALOUS SKY

JOAN DERIFIELD

MORE TO FOLLOW

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

This is one of my most cherished daylilies...….JERRY HYATT

It is a reliable performer in my zone 4 garden and I love everything about it.

JOHN KARL SEAGER

JIM BROWN

JACQUELINE KENNEDY ONASSIS

JULIUS CAESAR

JANICE BROWN

JOLYENE NICHOLE

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • daylilybedmaker

Celeste,

JELLYROLL MORTON certainly captured my eye. It is now on my want list.

David

• mantis__oh

I think Kay has also sung the praise of Jelly Roll Morton.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked mantis__oh
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Brad: Joan Senior is one of my older daylilies that won the right to be in valuable ground space instead of in a pot. It performs well here too. Nancy: I like Janet's Magic and Devito's Jewel of Jewels. David: Jubilee Ball is another example of how pretty Bennett did the color pink. Celeste: Did you forget one? Here's my Just For Breakfast. I'm surprised it bloomed last year since it was a new small one, but the lemon yellow blooms were colorfast in the mid-summer heat. Fingers crossed on what this year will bring:

Just For Breakfast:

Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • celeste

Maryl, I didn't forget it but when I fell in the garden and broke my shoulder there were some that got overlooked. I tried to take photos after my accident of most of my daylilies but had to use my left hand.....and the garden got weedy and things got out of hand. Poor little Just for Breakfast was one that I missed but it did bloom well as I recall. I'm so glad to hear it was colorfast for you and bloomed! I sure hope it continues to shine in your garden.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • signet_gw(6b)

These are some of the beauties I grow in my gardens. There are other that fall under the J umbrella but they are not presently "tagged" so here are the ones I found that I had labelled .

Joyce Brudd

Jamie Dockery

Joan Senior

John Karl Seager

Not a great shot of Joan Derifield , this plant is quite prolific

Jersey Spider

Jazz Beat

John R. Pike

Joseph's Coat

Jerry Hyatt ......just new last season so lucky it bloomed at all

Jack and the Beanstalk

John Peat

Just One Kiss

Jaysree Joy

That's all the images I have tagged under the letter "J" for now .

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • signet_gw(6b)

Love Jack Sprat and Jelly Roll Morton ......adding those to my list .........hope I can find them in Canada .!

• shive

Jewel of Jewels, Jelly Roll Morton and Jamie Dockery stand out to me. Here are some of mine:

Jeanne Deaver's Dream

Jungle Queen

Judy's Jewel

Jitterbug Blues

Julie Newmar

Janet and Bill

Jamaican Love

Joan Derifield

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Great blooms again, Debra. Judy’s Jewel is my fav today! Also, Jitterbug Blues And Julie Newmar are eye catchers.

Sherry

• tarheelgirl_7b

Really nice blooms everyone! I have Jelly Roll Morton coming this spring, looking forward to that one. Jerry Hyatt, John Basilli, and Jamie Dockery also catch my eye.

JESSICA LYNN BELL

JURASSIC FIESTA - added last spring

Thanks for looking!

Lori

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked tarheelgirl_7b
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Lori, Jessica Lynn Bell is a beauty!

Sherry

• AaronK79

Jamaican Love

Jamaican Music

Jamie Sue

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked AaronK79
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Beautiful blooms, Aaron!

Sherry

• signet_gw(6b)

Shive , your Jitterbox Blues and Julie's Jewels really pop off the page for me . AaronK79 Jamaican Love is a real looker ! . Haven't seen any of these offered here in Canada .

Brad all I can say about Jack Sprat is...........I WANT IT !!!! Hoosier_nan Janet's Magic looks much darker in your image than I have ever seen . I love it . That one just might be available here . I will have to keep my eyes open for it . Nice picture of it !

I did have Julie Newmar here for a while .......it gave up the ghost some years ago unfortunately , It was a really pretty daylily. Celeste , Jewel of the Oasis is one I have wanted for some time but is not readily available in Canada ......again unfortunately,. Daylilybedmaker Jack be Nimble is such a cheerful color . I bet that one can be seen right across the yard! I love it !

Oh, I noticed there wasn't a quote at the first post so Sherry I hope you don't mind me piping in with one I saw recently on the net. Quote : Make sure when your ship comes in , you are not at the airport ! HA HA HA . This made me laugh so hard !

• Brad KY 6b

Thanks for the comments on Jack Sprat. It is reliable, has a good amount of buds, & increases well. I do hope it is available in Canada Signet! Celeste, as usual lots of great purples.

Brad

• Nancy

Photo above is Juanita's Picotee Delight. I seem to be having problems with photos not posting where I want them, or it repeats the photo before when i know I selected the correct photo. More js than I expected, love Just Plain Bill, Joan Derifield, Jellyfish Jealousy, Jubilee Ball, Jack Sprat, Jellyroll Morton-this one is on my wish list, great clump of Jerry Hyatt, Jamie Dockery, and Jungle Queen

Jamaican Music, I have Jamaican me Crazy but apparently no photo of it, both are great plants

Jerry Hyatt

John Kirkland

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy