0

Ontario Hosta Society meeting on Saturday

ConnieMay

Will I see any of you at the Ontario Hosta Society meeting this coming Saturday?

• hosta_maker

Do you know if Jim spence is still a member? Haven't heard from him in a long time

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

I plan on going to the meeting if weather permits. ConnieMay, if you're going, message me through houzz.

I don't know about Jim Spence and whether he is still a member.

• ConnieMay

I don’t believe that Jim is a current member, but I’m not positive.

Newhostalady - I am definitely attending the meeting. I’m looking forward to Bob’s presentation on growing Hosta from seeds, and was able to collect seeds from my own garden last season for trading/ sharing.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

do you know if ken lenz is still a member?

ken

• ConnieMay

Ken, I don’t believe he is.

• HostaRon

I’ll be going for sure. We are having a seed exchange. I’m bringing some from my streakers. Ken and Jim are no longer members as far as I know, I have not seen them at a meeting for several years.

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

I am actually going to the meeting because I have always had a curiosity about hosta seed growing. This meeting just might draw me into starting to grow them.

Nice to "see" OHS members here and at the meeting. Wonderful that you, ConnieMay and HostaRon, are bringing seeds. I won't be bringing any. But if I get some, then I will do my best to get them to flourish.

• Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.

I have it on good authority (no, I will not name my source but it's an impeccable one) that the last time anyone tried to speak to Jim about Hostas his response was 'What's a Hosta?'.... Too bad, he did a lot of fascinating work with respect to flower colour and it sounds as if all that work has been lost....

Pieter

• ConnieMay

That's a shame Pieter.

• hosta_maker

thanks pieter, i had a feeling that some troll got the best of him.

it is a shame, one of the good ones, that had alot to teach