Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Which layout of corner uppers will be the best use of space?

This is the combo powder/laundry room in our cabin. I will not be changing doors, walls, windows or plumbing. So stacking the units on the left is our best option. I am pulling the corner base cabinet forward off the wall to run the vent to the exterior wall(that the window is on).

I want the base cabinets under the window for storage and DH wanted a folding spot.

So my dilemma is the uppers on the W/D wall. I am 5’4” and want to be able to access as much as possible as the uppers is where I will keep laundry and household cleaning products. And like many of the regulars on the laundry forum I’m getting quite the collection lol. However I keep a stepladder in there and have no trouble using it when needed.

The corner base cabinet will hide the cat litter box. Like this,

This is my original inspiration pic, the difference being my lower cabinets on the return are 24” deep to allow for storage and folding.

So this was my plan based on that. My plan is to bring the uppers forward to make it easier to reach the back. The corner cab would have a lazy susan. This gives a spot to stash a laundry basket off the floor while laundry is running. (All my renderings are shown without the sidewall in order to get a good view)

Or skip the corner lazy susan and just do a straight run on that wall. Of course getting to the upper back of the far right cabinet would be a challenge but not the end of the world. I lose the open shelving over the window, which were to be decorative.

Then I saw this picture and I really love the way it looks. It also gets the storage lower down and easier to access. But no spot to hide a basket or two.

I wouldn’t do a drawer I would just do a flip up door, kind of like an appliance garage to hide boxes and bottles. Like this, (the pic is missing the wall in order to get a full view)

I can see pros and cons with all, and realize that any of them will be workable but was wondering if I’m overlooking any pitfalls.

Comments (4)