0

N daylilies 2019

sherrygirl zone5 N il

The N daylilies get a turn, let’s see what you have. I had a reality check yesterday, thought I had 100-125 daylilies, ah no. I have 154, 32 haven’t bloomed yet and so far 7 new ones on the way. I’m seriously going to run out of room here on my suburban lot with four small dogs. I still have doubles to remove so I’m good for awhile. Quote of the day : “ I find it ironic that the colors red, white and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you. “

Night Embers is a lovely double, tall and a very nice red.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Had a glitch while posting, I think my dog put a paw on my iPad screen while I was posting above : ) Northwind Dancer, such a lovely bloom, has done poorly here. I’m not giving up, it got moved last fall, I’m hoping for a better year.

Sherry

• tarheelgirl_7b

Nice blooms Sherry!

Here are my N’s:

NICOLE’S AMERICAN BEAUTY - low bud count, but does not get much sun.

NORTHERN NOCTURNE

NIGHT OF KNIGHTS

NANCY’S QUILT

NORTH WIND BILLET DOUX

Thanks for looking!

Lori

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked tarheelgirl_7b
  • peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Such nice N's! lol your dog is so helpful. Night Embers & North Wind Billet Doux really stand out for me.

Night Beacon - not the best pic of it. I think I caught the last flower.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • signet_gw(6b)

Here are just 3 images for N daylilies that I can find labelled this year . So glad I found the program that will let me name images as I take them now . I wont run into this mess again I hope!

Novelty Number

Naomi Ruth

Night Beacon

I also grow these N's but it seems I have not got the images labelled . NAIROBI NIGHT , NANUQ, NAOMI RUTH, NARANJA , NASHVILLE LIGHTS , NATHAN SOMMERS , NAVAJO PRINCESS, NEFERTITI, NEGOTIABLE AFFECTIONS (UNREG) JACK KENT NEMESIS , NEON FLAMINGO new 2018 , NEW SERIES, NICK OF TIME NEW 2018 (have not seen it bloom yet ) NICOLE'S AMERICAN BEAUTY (have not see it bloom yet ) NIGHT WINGS, NILE CRANE, NILE PLUM ,NINA WINEGAR, NIVEA GUEST NORDIC NIGHT NORMAN S TRACK, NORTH WIND DANCER, NORTHWIND MOE NEW 2018 (have not seen it bloom yet) NORTHERN SPLENDOR NEW 2018 NOTIFY GROUND CREW , NUCLEAR MELTDOWN NEW 2016 , NUTMEG ELF

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Signet, thanks for posting your list, it sparked my memory. I forgot to add Nosferatu to my cards, It was added last summer. That makes 155 for me ; )

Sherry

• celeste

NORDIC NIGHT

NORTH WIND DANCER

NIGHT BEACON

NIGHT EMBERS

NARROW ROAD

NOT TONIGHT JOSEPHINE

NANCY BRITZ

NEFERTITI

NORTHERN FANCY

NOWHERE TO HIDE

I must have overlooked Nile Plum and Navajo Pony....no pics of them.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

I have just one to post. This is Now or Never, a southern bred daylily that does pretty well for us.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Nancy, love the color combo on Now or Never!

Sherry

• daylilybedmaker

Here are the Ns that I grow:

NEON FLAMINGO: Huge blooms. Too new to really evaluate. Did not reach registered height.

NAVAJO PONY: Outstanding bloom. Also relatively new. So far so good.

NEW COVENANT: Still growing in a pot. Does well. I like the red eye and edge.

NINE INCH NAILS: I was never a fan of the crispate form of daylilies until I saw this one. I love this one. I love the huge blooms. Strong stiff scapes. Great overall plant.

Continued

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • daylilybedmaker

NORDIC NIGHT: This an outstanding older Munson intro. Consistent blooms, Increases well, My zone t weather does not bother it. Good parent.

NORTHPOLE: Needs more time to really evaluate. Did not reach its registered height. A large bloom.

NORTHERN FANCY: New to this location last year. It was in a pot for two years and planted in the spring last year. Will see how it likes this spot after a year in the ground.

That's all for me.

Have a great day and those in the North, enjoy the warmth today as it looks bitter by mid week.

David Zone 5 (Upstate NY)

• AaronK79

Newberry Orange Tip

Newberry Touch

Night Embers

Nuclear Meltdown

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked AaronK79
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

David, what do you do with your daylilies growing in pots over the winter? I wil be doing this for the first time next winter, I’m in zone 5 as you are.

Sherry

• Nancy

I love these alphabet threads, but they are so hard on my pocketbook. I like Night Beacon, but it does not seem to have a lot of blooms in my garden. Navajo Pony is 2 years old in my garden, I love that plant. I divided it in its 1st year to share, then moved it this last fall because a neighboring shrub was encroaching. It does not seem to notice. I have Nordic Night too, but it has refused to bloom the last 3 years. I moved it in the fall too, maybe it will be happier in a new spot. Love Northern Fancy, that is one on my wish list, but maybe should not be? I had it once, but it did not survive long.

Lori, I really like Nancy's Quilt, how does it do for you?

I will get myself together in a bit and post my N daylilies

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • tarheelgirl_7b

Nancy, I added Nancy’s Quilt to my garden in fall 2015. It is not in a particularly sunny spot and does not get the registered bud count of 21-25. I probably get 6-8 buds per scape. The blooms do not have any trouble opening and still look nice at the end of the day.

Lori

• signet_gw(6b)

David , no need to wait for mid week . I just went out to feed chickens and ducks and our thermometer is reading -20 celcius and bitter is here already with a lovely ESE wind at 30 to 50 km/h (18 to 31 miles an hour) . Cuts right through you . Yesterday was same temps but quite nice out as there was no wind.

• Brad KY 6b

Lots of beautiful flowers. I brought up a 2nd browser so I can more easily name what I want to comment on.

North Wind Dancer by many of you {and me] is an excellent plant and pretty.

Night Beacon: Several of you have it; I used to. I really like it but like Nancy, not many blooms [maybe a KY thing?]. Actually a really pathetic amount. So I got rid of it reluctantly.

Lori: I like Night of Knights

Celeste: Beside the first 3 you posted, Not Tonight Josephine,

Hoosier Nancy: I really like the color combo of Now or Never. I had a daylily with a similar color scheme, but by late morning was burnt to a crisp by the sun. So it went away.

David: Neon Flamingo, NAVAJO PONY [capitalized for emphasis!!!], & Nordic Night

Aaron: Newberry Touch has a nice eye

I only have one:

North Wind Dancer in a darker mode.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Hoosier Nan: I like the color combination on Now or Never in your picture much better then on the database......Aaron: Newberry Touch looks to be a greyed lavender. Reminds me of Blueberry Breakfast and Teddy Bear's Picnic a bit. Nice...........I'll add one Emmerich to the list. It's pretty, but does loose some of it's color by mid PM in our heat. Probably does much better up north.

No More Tears:

Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • signet_gw(6b)

I just had a thought. Although I dont have this year's images lablelled, if anyone is interested I can post images from last year. to fill out my N post. Let me know . I am ok with whichever way .

• Brad KY 6b

Signet, when I don't have a current year image or it came out badly, I do dip to past years. So in my opinion, please do!

• Nancy

Please do show your last year's pics if you don't have current, I love to see any

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • shive

Here are some N's from Nashville:

Nordic Soul

Nuclear Meltdown

Northwind Dancer

Nutmeg Spice

Newtie's Fangs

No Boys Allowed

Neon Flamingo

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Brad KY 6b

Interesting how my North Wind Dancer was darker this year but more white than yellow throat. I looked up my last couple of years and it looked more like everyone else's. It was even darker than Celeste's, which is something I thought I'd never say about any daylily!

• Nancy

I really need No Boys Allowed and Neon Flamingo. Although I got White Eyes Pink Dragon last fall and I think it is very similar to NF.

Navajo Pony

Neon rainbow

Newberry Blue Eyes

Nefertiti

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • daylilybedmaker

Sherry,

I dig a trench in my vegetable garden and sink the pots for the winter. My vegetable garden is in a raised bed, so the soil is easy to dig. I then throw leaves over them. I have not lost any this way. Others have bagged leaves and encircled the daylilies with the bags and then covered them with leaves.

David

• Brad KY 6b

Nancy, I like Navajo Pony a lot!

• signet_gw(6b)

Well it wasn't as easy to track down my older N daylilies as I thought it would be however I did find a few . The rest must be on my old computer .

Nefertiti

Nutmeg Elf

Northwind Dancer

Nuclear Meltdown