0

O daylilies 2019

sherrygirl zone5 N il
last modified: January 28, 2019

It’s time to see your O daylilies. Got another inch of snow tonight, over a foot now, here comes the deep freeze. Quote of the day: “ Money talks...........but all mine ever says is goodbye.”

Orchid Corsage, such a great all around plant. If I had my way everyone would have it in their garden.

Orchid Octopus has been good here, last season was less than stellar, hoping this season it does better.

Orange Smoothie was added fall of 2017. It did horrible last season, few blooms and small ones. I love the bloom so it gets another chance. This season has to be better Or it’s gone.

Sherry

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Orange Smoothie was new for me too last year. I "NEED" a colorfast daylily in this orange sherberty tone and this stood out at a local nursery on a coolish afternoon (mid 80's), so I bought it. This was taken the next day and the new bloom still had a really nice color at 2:30PM, but again it was in the 80's. About 4 inch or 4 1/2 inch blooms, but if it's prolific that will work for me. It's the color I'm interested in. We will see how it does this year:

If there are any like me that love ruffles/bubbles edges this may appeal to them as it does me. It is tender, so my pot overwinters in my attached garage instead of outside (lost one that way). Still I love it:

Orchids and Gold

Maryl

PS: Sherry. I'm so sorry for all of you that have to endure the snow of winter. I hate snow. Our (probably yours next) cold front started blowing through this afternoon, and with our usual Okie winds puffing along I can only imagine how bad it will feel tomorrow. Supposed to get in the teens here. Keep warm everyone.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • Nancy

I agree, Orchid Corsage is a great daylily, always full of flowers, a pretty one for the lates. I have admired Orange Smoothie, a really nice color. I will try to post my n and o daylilies in a bit.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Orchid Corsage is beautiful and what a lovely picture of it too!

I have only 4 O's to show.

Orange Blossom Trail is lovely, but doesn't like our climate.

Orchids for Minnie is a good grower.

We were afraid Outer Space would be too tender for the garden, but so far it has survived. It hasn't been here long enough to get established.

Overnight Flight is not a very big flower, but it grows well here, like all of the Norris intros.

That's it for me.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • shive

Sherry - That's a beautiful clump shot of Orchid Corsage!

Overnight Flight is a pretty one!

Old Time Italian

Once Upon a Dream

Olly Olly Oxen Free

Odds and Ends

Open Door

Orange Vols and Witch Hazel

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Debra, such nice edges on your first photos. Do they always open well for you?

Sherry

• Brad KY 6b

Orchid Corsage is my favorite of the above, and that is a great picture of it, Sherry.

Here's mine.

Olallie Autumn Gold, a nice extra-late.

Orange Velvet as a poly.

Orange Vols. Blooms in a bad location.

That's all for me.

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • tarheelgirl_7b

Nice blooms everyone!

Here are my O daylilies:

OKTOBERFEST

ORANGE VOLS - blooms well even though it’s in a shady spot

OPEN MY EYES - early morning photo. This one really came into its own this year.

Open My Eyes - sunny afternoon photo

Thanks for looking!

Lori

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked tarheelgirl_7b
  • shive

Sherry - Those first two have always opened well here. I normally always have enough overnight heat so they are open flat by 8 a.m.

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • celeste

Of course, I must begin with my beloved OLLY OLLY OXEN FREE

ORCHID CORSAGE, everybody loves this one

OX TEARS

ORCHID FOREST

OLD TIME MEMORIES

OLALLIE RED

OLALLIE KEITH

THE REST ARE BELOW......

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

OLD KING COLE

OPEN HEARTH

ORANGUTAN

ORANGE SPLASH

OKTOBERFEST

OCEAN PEARL

ONDINE

I don't have pictures of Ocean's Eleven and One Cat Too Many but I grow them.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • Nancy

Nancy, I really like the look of Outer Space, wonder how it would do here. Debra, I keep saying I am over the pinks with yellow ruffles, but Old Time Italian looks really good. Brad, I have Orange Velvet, such a great daylily that really stands out in a crowd. Open my Eyes is such a vivid flower, very nice one Lori. Celeste, your Olly Olly Oxen Free is lovely, very vivid colors and I always love the watermarked ones.

I can't seem to get my pictures to come up right now, will try again later.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • Nancy

Off Beat

Oktoberfest

My Orchid Corsage

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • daylilybedmaker

Here are the Os that I grow:

OUTRAGEOUS: It certainly gets one's attention.

OFFBEAT: With throw an occasional rebloom scape.

OFFBEAT with a slightly different look

That is it for me.

David (Zone 5)

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • Brad KY 6b

Celeste, Of course my favorite of these is also OLLY OLLY OXEN FREE! I also like both Olallies, hadn't seen Red before. Great clump shot of Orchid Corsage.

Outrageous sure lives up to its name, David.

Brad

• signet_gw(6b)

some of my "O's"

Old Time Memories

Ocean Rain

Octoberfest

Oddball

Ojo de Dios

this is actually a very very old unknown I call Old Red Velvet ....it really looks like velvet

Olive's Odd One

On and On

Osterized

On Silken Thread

Orangutan