0

Spacecoast daylilies 2019

sherrygirl zone5 N il

I hope you have some Spacecoast daylilies to show us, I have none. There will be three more posts for S in the next few days. The thought for today: When people tell me “ you’re going to regret that in the morning”, I sleep in until noon because I’m a problem solver.

Sherry

• AaronK79

Spacecoast Cranberry Breeze

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked AaronK79
  • Nancy

S. Cranberry Breeze looks good. I have had several Spacecoast daylilies, most have eventually died. The few that remained have been good, except for Spacecoast Sea Shells, which I may move and see if it will do better somewhere else. I don't seem to have a photo of SSS, but it is very pretty. I have S. Citrus Kick too, but can't find photos. I know I took pictures of all my daylilies this year, but apparently did not keep all of them for some reason or another. I know i was trying to keep up on seedling photos more this year, labeling them etc so I could compare year to year better.

S. Francis Busby has been a real keeper, blooms, has rebloomed, nice height, just a good one

Spacecoast Raspberry Mist is not usually this splotchy, but I can't find another photo. It is normally quite pretty

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

I have been tempted to get SC Cranberry Breeze and Frances Busby. I think Bob would like Frances Busby and I love the pink ones.

We grow quite a few Spacecoast Daylilies. Some grow very well for us and others not so much.

Probably the best grower of the lot is Spacecoast Lemon Whiskers. It has a tall scape with large flowers.

More to come . . .

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

We love the colors on Spacecoast Brazen Bandit.

Spacecoast Golden Thimble is a small-flowered one that has not done much here.

Spacecoast Pumpkin Power is beautiful but it is tender so it overwinters in the greenhouse.

Spacecoast Sea Shells has never done much so it will be leaving the garden this spring.

Spacecoast Shellcracker is another small one. It grows and flowers well but doesn't increase much.

Spacecoast Thorny Devil is doing better now that we moved it to a better spot. We love the teeth on this one.

This is the kind of red daylily I like. I love the velvety color and the watermark. This is Spacecoast Velvet Valentine.

That's all for me.

Nancy

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

I'm having trouble with Houzz. This is the third time I have tried to post these. Third times the charm, they always say.

Spacecoast Golden Thimble is a small one that hasn't done much here.

Spacecoast Pumpkin Power is beautiful, but tender so it overwinters in the greenhouse.

Spacecoast Sea Shells has never done very well here so it will be leaving the garden this spring.

More to come . . .

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Spacecoast Shellcracker is a small flowered one that grows and flowers well but doesn't increase much.

Spacecoast Thorny Devil is growing better now that it has been moved into a better spot.

We love the velvety color and watermark on Spacecoast Velvet Valentine.

That's all for me.

Nancy

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Nancy, nice Spacecoast blooms, looks like the post was hanging up but went through, twice is better than none! I did loose one of the alphabets last week, did it twice. I waited a good hour or so to see if the first attempt showed up before making a second attempt, it didn’t.

I’m hesitant to add a Spacecoast here, it seems they like warmer climates??? Nancy, which are your better performers?

Sherry

• Brad KY 6b

Great pictures everyone. Sherry, I had a Spacecoast years ago and it hated the Ky climate but yet seems to do well for Nancy. I will not try another.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • tarheelgirl_7b

Nice photos! Spacecoast Velvet Valentine catches my eye.

I have two Spacecoast daylilies:

SPACECOAST MODERN SYMMETRY

SPACECOAST TIGERTAIL TANGO - early morning photo

Sunny afternoon photo:

Lori

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked tarheelgirl_7b
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Spacecoast Pumpkin Power, SC Golden Thimble and SC Seashells are the worst performers. Spacecoast Lemon Whiskers likes our garden. The rest do well enough but probably don't perform up to their registered stats.

Now that Jamie Gossard has collaborated with Kinnebrew, many of the newer Spacecoast daylilies have been tested at Jamie's garden in Ohio. Jamie tells what zones the newer ones are recommended for on his website.

Nancy

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Cranberry Breeze and Pumpkin Power I think are my two favorites. I grew SC Francis Busby and it was a good grower. The color leaned more to the rusty red tones here then to the orange red shades, and the flower form was very nice......I haven't grown that many SC daylilies in the past. This one has hung in there in it's pot overwintering outside. I really like it and have the perfect spot for it in part shade, which it needs in my summer heat for the flowers to retain more of their color.

Spacecoast Irish Illumination:

This is Spacecoast Easy Rider. Bloomed quite a bit for a first year plant and did well in our heat:

Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • signet_gw(6b)

I have only grown 6 Space coast daylilies . They don't seem to like it here much . I have lost Space Coast Sonata ( not sure if the name space coast should have space in between space and coast or not but Houzz wants me to separate the words otherwise they treat it like a spelling mistake) SPACE COAST DARK OBSESSION NEW 2017 SPACE COAST SHARP TOOTH NEW 2016 SPACE COAST SPICE GIRL NEW 2017 SPACE COAST STARBURST and SPACE COAST SEASHELLS see image below Very pretty but not particularly prolific here . I will continue to search for the other images They are here somewhere .

found images for 2 more .

Spacecoast Starburst

Spacecoast Sharptooth

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • signet_gw(6b)

Spacecoast Frances Busby is gorgeous! I would love to try that one in my gardens

• Nancy

I highly recommend s. Francis Busby, although more orange in it than red. Grows and blooms really well. The best one I have of the Space coasts.

I really like Thorny Devil, Velvet Valentine and Modern Symmetry

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • celeste

I only grow a few now. These have done well.

SPACECOAST TINY PERFECTION

SPACECOAST DREAMCATCHER

SPACECOAST CITRUS KICK

SPACECOAST BLAST OFF

I acquired Spacecoast Francis Busby last year but it's too soon to tell how it will do here in zone 4. I must not have taken it's photo.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • Nancy

Dreamcatcher looks very interesting

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Celeste, I like Dream Catcher and Tiny Perfection. If you can grow those in your zone I’m guessing those would do well here.

Sherry

• celeste

Sherry, I have had no issues with hardiness, health or vigor with either one of those. They always do well.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • signet_gw(6b)

Interesting . I was just looking at a website here in Canada that is offering Sp. Dreamcatcher . Seems it does well enough for them but they are in a zone 4 ( same as you Celeste) I wonder if my zone 6a-b is just too hot and dry for it and many of the other Spacecoast daylilies. Maybe that is why they struggle here . Kinnebrew's gardens were in Florida a much more moist environment I would think .

• shive

Spacecoast Francis Busby

Spacecoast Ojo Rojo

Spacecoast Night Vision

The first two of these are good multipliers and good rebloomers. SC Night Vision has not multiplied as quickly, but does rebloom.

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Nancy

S. Night Vision is gorgeous, love the rich purple with white edge

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • signet_gw(6b)

Found an older image ( from 2017) of Spacecoast Dark Obscession