0

Siloam daylilies 2019

sherrygirl zone5 N il
last modified: February 5, 2019

It’s time to see your Siloam daylily collection. I have some, missed a photo of one for sure. Here’s the thought for the day: I wonder what my kids are going to tell their kids, “It was so rough back in my day, I didn’t get a phone’til I was in fourth grade and sometimes the Wi-Fi didn’t always work upstairs.”

Siloam French Doll, gotta take a better photo next season.

Siloam David Kirchhoff, my favorite miniature.

Siloam Double Delight has been in the garden for over twenty years.

Siloam Bye Lo has only been in the garden two seasons.

Siloam Plum Tree, such a good plant, good grower and sun fast color here.

Siloam Ethel Smith my favorite of the Siloams. I labeled this photo incorrectly.

Sherry

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Siloam David Kirchoff is a really pretty one. Pat Henry did some very good daylilies that still hold up today...............Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • Brad KY 6b

I only have one; many of them are too small for my tastes. There many that are pretty that I'd desire if they were larger.

Siloam Amazing Grace

.

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • signet_gw(6b)

Here are only 3 images I can find of the Siloams grown in my gardens right now .

Siloam June Bug

Siloam Olin Frazier

Siloam Uri Winiford . very prolific daylily I probably have this one in about 7 spots . Please overlook the Sow Thistle bloom included . This plant is the biggest bane in my gardens .....grows from underground roots and spreads everywhere . Don't leave even a little tiny piece of the root in the ground or it will be back !

I also grow Siloam Artwork, Siloam Baby Doll, Siloam Button Box , Siloam Ethel Smith,( should be able to find an image if I dig for it ) , Siloam Merle Kent ( but not sure it is the correct plant ) , Siloam Rainbow Magic , Siloam Rose Queen , Siloam Wendy Glawson .

I will search my computer for more images but because the majority of the plants are so short they get lost in my gardens and I often overlook them and don't photograph them anymore . That is why I stopped collecting them even though so many are so lovely . These Siloams were planted here but have died for whatever reasons .,Siloam David Kirchoff ( died after being transplanted even though it had been here 3 years) Siloam Tee Tiny ( also died ) ,Siloam Virginia Henson ( died within weeks of planting it . )

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • tarheelgirl_7b

Here is my only Siloam:

SILOAM SPACE AGE - does well for me

Lori

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked tarheelgirl_7b
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

I have only two Siloams (since we don't grow many diploids).

Siloam

This is the tetraploid version of Siloam Ralph Henry.

That's all for me.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • signet_gw(6b)

Sherry , I love the look of Siloam Double Delight .....I would love it in my garden if only it were taller !

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Siloam Double Delight, Plum Tree, June Bug and Amazing Grace caught my eye but they are all very nice.

Siloam New Toy. I used last years pic because I did not get a pic this year.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • popmama

I love the color of Siloam Bye Lo. It looks like the Pantone color of the year which is Living Coral. Sherrygirl, I want to come to your garden!

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked popmama
  • celeste

I have to confess that my Siloams don't get the love the other daylilies do....mostly because they're small and unassuming. I don't always remember to take pictures of them, either. I have quite a lot of them but only have photos of the following ones:

SILOAM GOLDEN GATE (my favorite Siloam) Larger and taller than my others and great color.....

SILOAM TINY TIM

SILOAM GUM DROP

SILOAM CINDERELLA

SILOAM BO PEEP

SILOAM PINK MIDGET

SILOAM SHOW GIRL

SILOAM DOODLEBUG

SILOAM ETHEL SMITH

SILOAM GLORY BEE

MORE, BELOW....

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

LAST SET...…

SILOAM SMOKY JOE

SILOAM HAROLD FLICKINGER

SILOAM SIMPLE SIMON

SILOAM FLOWER GIRL

SILOAM WOODY JAMES

SILOAM TOMMY TUCKER

SILOAM DAVID KIRCHHOFF

SILOAM APPLE BLOSSOM

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Celeste, such a great Siloam collection, all are so nice! My Plum Tree And Double Delight are taller than most of these. I may try the smaller ones in pots at some point.

Sherry

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Brad: I remember you liking Siloam Amazing Grace. It's got a nice form with that acid lemon yellow color........Celeste: I like another Siloam yellow, S Harold Flickinger, but Siloam Golden Gate is a real beauty in your cooler climate, right down to the pinkish midribs.....Signet: I grew S. June Bug for years. I had many requests for it when it was in bloom in it's little pot on the table..............Maryl

• shive

I enjoyed seeing these. I used to have about a dozen of the mini Siloams, but got rid of them to grow seedlings. The only one I now have is Siloam Double Classic. I keep it because my husband loves it so much.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Brad KY 6b

Celeste, you have several very nice Siloams, Apple Blossom, Flower Girl, and Golden Gate.

Brad

• daylilybedmaker

Here are the Siloams that I grow:

SILOAM APPLE BLOSSOM: A very nice little one. Front of the border plant.

SILOAM MELVIN'S YELLOW: An outstanding Siloam. One of the first to bloom and it is larger than most of Pauline's intros.

SILOAM PAUL WATTS: This is a very nice red for the mid to late season. It tends to bloom just above the foliage. I wish it was a little taller.

SILOAM RALPH HENRY: This is a tempermental plant. It does not like to be disturbed. I have it planted near the vegetable garden and it really stands out because of the extra water it receives.

Substance is thick.

That is all for me.

David Zone 5

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker