0

Help picking slab for this island

Carl Grasiano

We picked out a white quartzite slab for our center island. We have kraftmaid midnight island cabinets and kraftmaid dove white counter cabinets. We also have a walnut butcher block on part of the island. We are now rethinking the slab we picked as maybe being too busy with the walnut butcher block. The counter cabinets are going with a hanstone aramis polished gray, also not shown in the picture is the white apron front sink and the corner cabinet is walnut open shelves.

Opinions on the slab pictured or other suggestions.

• Carl Grasiano

This is the slab we picked

• rantontoo

That slab is gorgeous...I woukd ditch the butcher block!

• stillpitpat

I would rethink it as well. Two cab colors and three tops is a lot, esp when two of the tops are busy. I think the slab is gorgeous too, but you will probably need to choose between that and the butcher block.

• Carl Grasiano
    We love the butcher block and it would be a shame to waste it as it was custom and already cost us $1100. The only options I see are either ditching the block and using the whole slab for the island or keeping the butcher block and going with the Hanstone Aramis gray on the island as well, I am just worried it will be too dark.
  • Tiffany
    I would definitely go with the slab. It’s beautiful!
  • Carl Grasiano
    The walnut butcher block was supposed to tie into the walnut floating corner shelves and the walnut fireplace mantle to the rear of the kitchen. We didnt want the kitchen to be so cold and gray... we love the slab but does anyone think it will be too cold with just the corner shelves and gray quartz counters
    Flo Mangan
    Stick with your original plan. It will be unique and quite beautiful. Second guessing can lead to unintended consequences so stay the course. Going to be wonderful.
  • Carl Grasiano

They installed the countertops today, but one end of the island slab is cracked, so we have to pick out a new slab

• waverly6

It's gorgeous. I absolutely think it all works. iIt's different and it's what YOU want. It doesn't look like every other kitchen on every HGTV show. I'm sorry it cracked but I would go with similar. You will love it all when it's finished. that walnut is spectacular and so is the quartzite,