0

Sa-Si daylilies 2019

sherrygirl zone5 N il

It’s time to post your S daylilies, Sa to Si daylilies only today, we will finish the S’s With the next post. The thought for today: If we ever travel far in the universe to another planet with intelligent life, let’s just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Sailor Sky, a big beautiful bloom, had its first blooms here this past season. It’s in a good spot and held up wonderfully in the sun.

Sea Dragon, another first time bloomer. I love this one, it really catches your eye in the garden.

Silky Skies had its second bloom season here. This was a bonus plant, boy did I get lucky, another great bloom.

Sherry

• Brad KY 6b

Nice ones, Sherry!

Most of my S's will be in the latter part of the alphabet

Santorini Sunset

Sears Tower

Thanks for looking,

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • oursteelers 8B PNW

I LOVE Sea Dragon!!!!

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked oursteelers 8B PNW
  • shive

Sherry - Sea Dragon and Silky Skies are striking!

Sacred Ground

Shelby

Sierra Grande

Sailing Into the Blue

Scarlet Angel

Silly Whimsy

Shadow Dream Song

Shadow Walker

Simply Charming

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Debra, Shelby catches my eye again this year. I’m going to have to make room for it at some point. Sailing into the Blue is gorgeous!

Sherry

• AaronK79

Shady Lady

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked AaronK79
  • Brad KY 6b

Debra, I like Sacred Ground a lot: color, form and all.

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Another thumbs up for Sacred Ground

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Nice daylilies! Sea Dragon, Shelby (I love the shape), Sailing into Blue, and Simple Charming are my picks today.

I have a lot today.

Sam Abell is a great grower in our garden.

Sarah Christine is a large-flowered diploid.

School Bus is a small-flowered one.

Sea of Cinders is one of our favorites. It has been used a lot in breeding. I don't recommend it for folks in a similar zone to ours because we have had trouble keeping it alive over winter. We keep one in a pot in the greenhouse.

Second Horizon is relatively new to the garden, but it looks like it will perform well. It should since it was bred in Ohio.

More to come . . .

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

We don't have many in this color range, but See Me-Feel Me-Touch Me is a nice one.

Serenade of Springtime is one of my favorite small-flowered ones.

I don't think Sharks Do Bite likes our climate much.

She's Got Legs is new to the garden. Bob keeps getting all these Klehms and most of the time, I can't tell them apart. It is registered as a late bloomer.

Sihir was new to the garden last spring. I can't wait to see what it will do this year.

That's all for me.

Nancy

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Nancy, do you and Bob get many daylilies from Florida hybridizers? If so, are those the ones you have trouble growing in your climate?

Sam Abel is my fav today, glad ir does well for you.

Sherry

• shive

Brad and oursteelers - Sacred Ground has beautiful flowers, but it doesn't multiply well here. It does rebloom well, and that's the only reason I keep it around. I imagine it would flourish in Zone 8 and up.

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • shive

Sherry and Nancy - Sailing Into the Blue has performed well for me. It's a great multiplier, and this past year it rebloomed a bit.

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • signet_gw(6b)

Here are some of my Sa to Si daylilies.

Send me a Rainbow

Screamsicle

Second Glance

Seven Locks

Sir Blackstem , this is a short small blooming daylily . Does well here but for me many years after getting it I find it uninteresting . I keep it only because I do have the room to keep it otherwise it would be gone by now

Scatterbrain

Salieri

Simmering Elephants

Serenade

Salmon Pagoda

Self Determination

Sears Tower

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • daylilybedmaker

Here are the SA-SI daylilies that I grow:

SASSY SHANNON: An outstanding plant. Fertile both ways. A favorite last year.

SHERRY LANE CARR: An oldie but a goodie. Reliable performer. Pod and pollen fertile.

SAUCY VIXEN: Pod and pollen fertile. Consistent performer. Was a bonus plant and was better then the one I had purchased.

SHORES OF TIME: Slow to get established. Has been a consistent performer with all the blooms looking like this.

Continued

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • daylilybedmaker

SIDEBAR

SEARS TOWER: relatively new.

SCREEN PATTERN: Not well budded. Has a great patterned eye.

That is all for this set.

David Zone 5

• Brad KY 6b

Signet, Seven Locks has a nice green throat and good color. I also like Salieri

• celeste

SHELBY'S SONG

SCARLET PIMPERNEL

SHORES OF TIME

SARAH CHRISTINE (huge)

SHERRY CANDY

SCATTERBRAIN

SIR MODRED

I WILL FINISH UP IN THE NEXT SET. I love everyone's pictures!

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

SCREEN PATTERN

SHUFFLE THE DECK

SCARLET PANSY

SINGS THE BLUES

SEPTEMBER BLAZE

SIMPLICITY IN MOTION

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Celeste, my favs of yours are yellow today, that’s weird because the purples always win me over. Sarah Christine and Simplicity in Motion caught my eye, love them.

Sherry

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

So many nice ones, I'll just pick a few that strike me at first glance. Sailor Sky is a really nice pink. Great picture Sherry.....Debra: Shelby is one I always love when you post It. Such feminine colors......Nan: Serenade of Springtime has a pretty pastel color that I like........Celeste: Just WOW on that big yellow baby Sarah Christine. Are the scapes strong enough to support a cluster of them?.........Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • Nancy

So many beautiful ones, my wish list gets longer with every post. This time of the year I tend to want every one I see. By September I start to get a grip, but by then I have already added more than I should!

Sherry, I really like Sea Dragon.

Brad, Sears Tower is so tall! I bet it really gets noticed

Debra, Shelby is one I admire every time I see it. Love Shadow Walker too

Nancy Sea of Cinders looks like a standout

Signet, Self Determination is so pretty, I almost bought it last year but talked myself out of it. I like Seven Locks too.

David, I have Sherry Lane Carr too, could not find a photo of it, but it is such a great daylily. I like Saucy Vixon too

Celeste, your Screen Pattern looks so good. I love that Screen Pattern has a different look on different days, probably because of temps. I like Shuffle the Deck too

Sabine Baer, I love this one, a really good daylily that almost always reblooms

Sailing at Dawn, does really well for me too

Sailor Sky had its first bloom last year, and did so well, I think this one is going to be a realy good one. I have been rather surprised at how well Laura's plants do here, and thinking I should be buying from northern climates.

San Ignatio is such a pretty pink and just blooms its heart out.

I like the look of Santa's Pants, but wish it had more blooms

Savannah Debutante, I don't have too many doubles, but this one does so well, more coral pink than these images appear for some reason

Screen Pattern is a great daylily

Selma Rose is one of my earliest bloomers, nice big flowers on rather short scapes. It has never had many buds, but did really well this year. I don't know if it heard me say it was on its way out, or maybe it enjoyed the up and down spring weather last year.

Sings the Blues

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • Nancy

Well, odd. I posted 3 times and hit submit, got an error message to try again. Made a final post, which took, but then there are my previous posts. deleted them, hopefully just one will remain.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • signet_gw(6b)

Nancy that happens to me every time I post now . I just refresh the page after getting the error message ( the little icon at the top of the google page if you are using google It looks like an arrow in the shape of a partial circle. ) It will then post your images.

• Nancy

I have had that happen before too Signet, but I refreshed and did not see my posts this time. I even went back to the main daylily page, then entered this thread new, none of my posts was here, then added my last post, it showed up quickly, and with all the others. Just my day for the fun I guess, I had not had any problems for a while.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • tarheelgirl_7b

Nice blooms everyone!

SHORES OF TIME

SHIRAZ

SHIPWRECK COVE

SIMPLY LEAVES ME BREATHLESS

SHERRY CANDY

SABINE BAUR

Thanks for looking!

Lori

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked tarheelgirl_7b
  • Brad KY 6b

Lori and Nancy, I really like Sabine Baur. It usually catches my attention on the forum.

Nancy, does Sing the Blues do well for you? After many years, many places, I gave up on mine--so few buds it wasn't worth the space.

Celeste, Sept. Blaze caught my attention the most of yours.

• Nancy

Brad, I have kept Sings the Blues for years, but it may leave soon for the reason you give. I have probably had it around 10 years, it has had a couple of really good years, but 2 out of 10 is not good enough when there are better plants out there. It is pretty though.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • celeste

Brad, Sept. Blaze is a great plant. People looking at the individual bloom might think it ordinary, but if you see a clump of it in bloom you would be impressed. It blooms when the other daylilies are winding down and continues until the leaves fall. It is hardy, robust and sends up tons of sturdy scapes. The foliage always looks good, too. They are fairly large flowers, 7 inches. As a side note, my Sings the Blues is just like you and Nancy experience. Very few blooms. I am not impressed but it's in a part of the yard where I don't pay much attention so it is still around.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste