0

Should cabinet pulls match?

hewong

So almost completing a kitchen remodel. Im putting slender polished chrome pulls on the kitchen cabinets. I have a 'matching" buffet to my island about 3 feet away. Should the pulls on the buffet be the same as the kitchen pulls or can they be different? For that matter, I was thinking if I should have the same pulls in my bathroom as well or something different? I really like the interest of the thicker pull, especially when putting them together on a cabinet door but would not want them for the kitchen. It might appear too busy.

• Fori

Bathroom doesn't matter. It can do its own thing.

I'm laughing about your "mismatched" kitchen pulls though. I have that top one in ONE spot in my kitchen and completely different knobs everywhere else. I'm clearly the wrong one to ask.

I do think that your pull choices coordinate and should be very nice together if you get them in the same finish.

• happyleg

It's interesting not to be matchy. I know someone with different glass ones interesting to talk about.

JAN MOYER

They should match when three feet away. , especially if the buffet finish matches the other cabinetry. Whatever you want in the bath.

Nanke Signature Group

You can absolutely use a different pull on your buffet! The finishes and profiles of both styles of pulls coordinate well so it will still look cohesive as well as maintain an intentional design decision. Utilizing a coordinating mix of pulls often offers a more customized look and comes highly recommended!

In the bathrooms, you can go with something completely different if you would prefer it. As long as there are other elements throughout each space which are cohesive- finishes, fixtures, colors, textures- you'll achieve a thoughtful design.

Best of luck with your project!

JAN MOYER

"Especially when putting them together on a cabinet door but would not want them for the kitchen. It might appear too busy".

What would be the purpose of switching in a 3' away spot,? I'd say pick one. The cabinet finish is same? Yes? Pick your favorite. A different locale doesn't require a different decision. Call it strength in numbers. : )

The bathroom? I doubt you can see it from the kitchen sink?

hewong thanked JAN MOYER
  • hewong

The island and buffet are brown with exactly the same countertop (statuario maximus) and the rest of the kitchen is white cabinet. Originally, because the buffet is more in the dining space adjacent to the open concept kitchen, I thought the buffet would look more like a piece of furniture if I had different hardware. It also has 4 tall cabinet doors so wondered if they need "dressing up". But alas, I decided not to complicate the look so decided to go with your suggestion of same hardware and different for bathroom. Better safe than sorry I guess...Thank you for your help!