Happy Sunday. Lets have some fun with Ws today. Show me yours:

Comments (37)

• Saija_Finland
    5 years ago

Whee!

Wind River Gold

• windymess z6a KC, Ks
    5 years ago

Winter Snow, poor thing, first in mid-May - it had already been munched on by rabbits; and the end of July - sunburned and tattered. It gets a lot of water, but too much sun I fear. I hope the trees will eventually shade it more, but until then it will probably be just huge and ugly.

Whirlwind - new last year, but at least I did get it in the ground. October 24:

Wheee! on May 17 - Fire Island behind it had already gone green. It's prettier when FI is bright yellow and the edges of Wheee! are more yellow too.

• ConnieMay ON Z6a
    5 years ago

Whirlwind

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    5 years ago

just fyi ... i cant see the third pic ... but if i click on it.. it expands and i can see it.. go figure ....

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis
    5 years ago

Paula..pic #1 is fun..I admit I did NOT see it immediately..can think of just one W..a Wheee! to the left of the purple dot (can't wait to start taking all new pics)

• sunnywood4bChazyNY
    5 years ago

Warpaint finally starting to grow , Still have not seen its spring color.

Whee

Whirlwind

Wide Brim

Winter Snow

Wolverine

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Lol Paula it took me a while to figure out that first pic!

Nice W's!

Warwick Comet

Wave Runner grew since this pic but not planted yet.

Wide Brim

Wide Brim later in the season.

Winsome

Winter Snow

Winter Snow - mine got chewed on too windymess, but by deer.

Wolverine

Woodland Elf is such a great little plant, damaged by hail.

Wylde Green Cream

5 years ago

peren..you did it again..Woodland Elf has so many blooms!..I hope the scapes don't pull it over and uproot it Lol..Wylde Green Cream is adorable..

• StevePA6a
    5 years ago

Waterslide, this rapidly made its way into my wagon at a local garden center. Separated out 3 streaked divisions, we'll see...

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    5 years ago

A few W hosta.

Winter Snow had its first full season here, love it so far.
    Wheee on the left, happily growing in a blue pot.
    Wide Brim, one of three started from a single pip 5-6 years ago.

Sherry

• windymess z6a KC, Ks
    5 years ago

Ken and Paula - I, too, don't see the third comic - except on my phone. Looking at this thread on the computer I just see the man/dog picture and the Queen (both of which are great). Honestly, I had to think a moment about both of those.

5 years ago

Lol nicholsworth! It is a good thing Hosta do not uproot like trees in a wind storm.....well not yet anyway! WGC really is adorable, I have had it an awfully long time and it deserves to get planted. I hope to get a new bed prepped this year.

Steve I don't think any of us could have passed that one up. Good luck on the divisions!

Very strange, I see the 3rd pic on my PC.

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    5 years ago

Peren the pic with winter snow in it makes me long for spring!

5 years ago

oursteelers your spring will certainly come before mine, I am buried under about 3 ft. of snow right now! I would much rather be seeing my Winter Snow than my winter snow lol!

• mountainy man z8 Ireland
    5 years ago

Winter Snow soon after planting

• Beth (5b - SE-Michigan)
    5 years ago

What wonderful W's. I think I need to add Winter Snow to my collection again. Here are my W's

Waterslide, new last year.

Wheee! It looked thin it's first few years but last year it filled in.

Wide Brim

Wolverine

World Cup, also new last year.

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada
    5 years ago

Winter Snow

Whirlwind

Wolverine

Wide Brim

White Feather

Unfurling -June 3rd

Wishing Well

• Laura z4b / Helsinki, Finland
    5 years ago

My Wolverine is still young..

• sandyslopes z6 n. UT
    5 years ago

White Bikini

Winsome

Waterslide, new this year

• Babka NorCal 9b
    5 years ago

This little one needs a few more years to mature, but it is my MOST SPECIAL "W". It came as a gift, OS from Bruce Banyai.

-Babka

5 years ago

Shadow very nice Wishing Well!

sandyslopes White Bikini is wonderful!

That is special Babka! Happy to see you taking part.

• old_dirt 6a
    5 years ago

nicholsworth, I really like your tall pot/container. Do you fill it with media, pot in a pot or possibly a false bottom?

• old_dirt 6a
    5 years ago

Although it a very nice plant, I wondered why would I want a "Winter Snow" as I try to put snow out of my mind in the summer. Then I realized I have a White Christmas and Winter Warrior.

Wishing Well

Winter Warrior

Wolverine

White Christmas

Whirlwind

5 years ago

old_dirt..thanks..they were from Target at the end of summer 2017..they spent the winter empty in my garage then were planted May/June? 2018..they had a "drainage" tray (like a strainer) that sits about 1/2 inch from the bottom..no drain holes..this design is a complete failure in my opinion..soil became sour and saturated..I emptied them..husband drilled drainage holes..I put the tray back in..new soil with a lot of bark and now they're fine..a pot in a pot would've probably been fine..I've never done that and didn't really think of it!..some use rocks, water bottles, soda cans etc in the bottom of large pots..I used only potting media..I guess I'll know before too long if Praying Hands is happy..

• Karin Black Cat
    5 years ago

The end of the alphabet is near and the weather is...I have no words for it...please spring come quick!

• Karin Black Cat
    5 years ago

Problems with uploading pictures again...I hope they don't show up twice later...

• Karin Black Cat
    5 years ago

• mbug_gw
    5 years ago

....and a few more W's

Wiggles and Squiggles ......another newbie

Winter Snow

Wolverine

Wolverine in pot

Wylde Green Cream

• Tiddisolo Wales UK
    5 years ago

Sunnywood, If you are not getting spring colour on War Paint it has reverted to Niagara Falls.

Happened to me with the first one I bought. The nursery kindly replaced it the following year and I got to keep NF. I think it's a tc problem.

Wide Brim

Whirlwind

War Paint

Dave

• M MW
    5 years ago

Great Ws! Wheeee! And Winter Snow have jumped to the top of my wishlist after seeing all these great pictures. I dont kknow why I cant get it out of my head that Wolverine looks like a spider haha I really dont like spiders so I may never be able to have that one

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    5 years ago

Karin, I love that Whiskey Sour. It simply glows.

• Karin Black Cat
    5 years ago

It is fantastic in spring!

But in June it has already turned green...but I keep it for those spring moments :-)

5 years ago

Karin..I noticed Whiskey Sour years ago remember?..I bought several Fire Island because they reminded me of Whiskey Sour..I like the later "lime/chartreuse" color too..

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
    5 years ago

Love What's that. One of my desert Island Hostas - Wave Runner #1:

Wave Runner #2:

Warwick Comet

Waterslide
    Well Shaked

Woop Woop

• mbug_gw
    5 years ago

I like those w's, Steve!

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    5 years ago

Windymess, I bet your Winter Snow would look fabulous minus the deer munching and the excess sun! I'd be tempted to get a white golf umbrella to shade it from the sun! Maybe it would make the deer think twice before munching on it!

Love the Wolverines!

All the Wide Brims reminded me of the one I used to have. Lost it to HVX. If you don't mind, a few pictures of it from a few years ago.

Only one "W" I took a photo of this year.

World Cup in a planter

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths