0

outdated bathroom

HU-451115439
Our bathroom is outdated and I’m not sure what to change. We have carpet, which we plan to replace with tile. Cabinets are solid cherry and tile countertops, tiling around tub. All of which are nice, but seem really outdated. House was built in 2003. After the flooring what would you suggest changing to make our bathroom an inviting and stylish haven? The picture below is photo shopped with the flooring we plan to use.

Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

Poor choice for flooring unfortunately. You have all warm tones so the flooring needs to be warm too.

The issue you're going to run into is that by making one update you'll highlight all the other outdated elements. I'd say that tile needs to go along with the carpet flooring.

Thank you for your input! Yes, I agree we should go with a warmer flooring. What about the wall color? I’m thinking about a warm white? Any other suggestions? Thank you for your help.
  • skmom
    Is it in your budget to change out all the tile and countertops? You could go in almost any direction color wise if you do that.
  • Jennifer Smith
    My current master bathroom is similar to yours. It has the builder basic finishes like the corner tub and boring tile. I plan to replace my corner tub with a freestanding tub (it’s too big and bulky) replace my sinks, countertops, tile and redo my shower too. It’s going to be quite the project!
    Debbi Washburn

How far do you want to go with this???

The cabinets are solid cherry shaker style. Probably in decent shape - change the handles, change the tops, sinks, faucets and lights. If it is in your budget, pull the tile from the walls and the tub skirt to update. If you can push further, take the tub out all together and put in a nice freestanding tub.

It has great potential!

• thinkdesignlive

State your budget and you will get better advice. IMO save your pennies for a full redo - that tub surround will drag down your other improvements.