0

Taxodium ascendens 2011/2018

ademink
last modified: February 10, 2019

Just ran across some photos of my Taxodium ascendens in both 2011 and 2018. The growth is amazing! Just thought I would share. :)

(The nootka has roared also...and the WBAC...RIP)

• indianagardengirl

Ademink, is your Taxodium actually in the water? I can’t tell for sure and I’m just curious. Beautiful work on your landscape BTW. And yes, love to see changes over time!

ademink thanked indianagardengirl
  • ademink

Nope - it's just on the side of the pond. I had to pull back the liner a couple of years ago to adjust the stone edging and there are some legit roots there. WOW. lol

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱

You've done well there. Thanks for the pix.

tj

ademink thanked tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
  • coniferbros

Nice! I love seeing these time-lapse photos, especially plants that start small and all the sudden become a statement in the landscape.

ademink thanked coniferbros
  • ademink

Yes - you don't even realize how much they've grown and how quickly. It's truly amazing! I'm always happy when I actually end up liking where it was sited in the landscape. haha! Sometimes I think "what on earth was I thinking????". My mantra now is always "mature size....mature size...mature size...". ;)

• bengz6westmd

My 14 yr olds grow faster than nearby baldcypresses, but the BCs are literally in mud. But not as fast as dawn redwood (seen here at extreme right):