0

How do I find the temps of the different wash cycles on my Electrolux?

Annette Holbrook(z6b-7a)

I’ve scoured the manuals and don’t see it listed. I’ve seen others mention the water temps of their respective models, so is there a secret I’ve overlooked?

• georgect

On pages 13-16 it shows you the temps available for each cycle and what the default temp is. It's broken down by machine model number.

It does not give an exact degree.

For example:

• mamapinky0

Figures you can't get an exact temp or any temp really LOL

• Annette Holbrook(z6b-7a)

I would love the actual temps. I have quite a few things that list the actual number on the care labels. I guess I can call the number in the manual. But what a pain, those bot answering systems make me crazy.

• whirlpool_trainee

You open the machine after the fill has completed and towards the end of the main wash and stick a thermometer in there... :-/

The actual temp depends on the cycle, maybe chosen soil level, options such as stain pretreat, inlet temp, load size and probably more variables.

• Annette Holbrook(z6b-7a)

That did occur to me but I think the door is locked whenever there is water in the drum.

• cmamcon5

I did my temps with a kitchen thermometer too. Mine locks but if I turn off the power button it will unlock. Sometimes it unlocks automatically and sometimes I have to choose a cycle and hit restart, I guess it depends on where it is in the cycle. I have time to check the water before it drains. I just start the cycle over afterwards. I’m thinking about the Electrolux so if you find temps please post? I have the dryer already.

• georgect

Annette the good thing about Electrolux is you can "Pause" the cycle at any time and the door will unlock.

The only time it won't unlock is when the temp is high like with Allergen (which the machine you have doesn't have that temp option) or Sanitary. Or if you added more water (through the detergent compartment) and the water level is too close to the door.

• Annette Holbrook(z6b-7a)

Sanitary is the cycle I’m trying to figure out. I called yesterday but had to hang up as a call I was waiting for came in. Will try again today.

• georgect

Sanitary should be 152 degrees if I'm not mistaken.

Annette Holbrook(z6b-7a) thanked georgect
  • mamapinky0

When I had the Duet I checked the temp on my cycles. For instance on Allergen cycle I let the wash cycle run thru but hit cancel just before the suds cool down phase. The washer went into drain which took seconds than the door unlocked..I shoved my thermometer into the middle of the soaked hot clothing and at least got a good ball park figure.