0

Engineered Hardwood Floors

sol mont

Has anyone recently installed engineered hardwood floors? We are planning to install them over concrete, and would like to know how they have held up. Are some brands better than others? Also, has anyone purchased engineered hardwood floors online from hardwood flooring overstock discounters? Thank you so much.

• gdevlinjr
    I ordered traditional hardwood floor‘s and had a discussion with my brother-in-law who advised I cannot install them due to being on a slab. I called the company I ordered from and they confirmed I could not use traditional hardwood floor unless I built up something for the hardwoods to be attached to. Instead I went with engineered wood hand scraped wide plank. That was over 11 years ago. The installation was not difficult and involved a moisture barrier glue. I do not have any animals and my floor has held up beautifully. I actually installed the same flooring two years ago in my husband’s home.In my opinion if you are on a slab there is no better option.
  • sol mont

Yes, gdevlinjr, that is exactly what we were told. Do you remember which brand of engineered wood was used? Thank you so much.

• gdevlinjr

Both times went through lumber liquidators. It was Virginia something As if it were made in the US. I am not sure if it was but everything I ordered and acclimated worked out very well.

• sol mont

Thank you so much. Great information!